GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I remember hearing those stories like Crystal Chappell was freaking out over love scenes and Wayne yelled at her to calm down.   And people treated her poorly there, which is surprising since Wayne was a big deal back then and they both seem really tight with Deidre, but I think Dee was having her own issues with CC lol.  I think I remember hearing she was promised a story or at least to work with Wayne and I think they had like one scene ever.

It could be untrue, but I tend to think Lynn is just a class act, probably doesn't care that much, and just considers it water under the bridge since it was so long ago.  Regardless, it all worked out for her.

It's weird to think Lisanne was only on for 8 months because I felt like she was EVERYWHERE for awhile.  

• Members

The story I heard multiple times over the years is that CC would cry over the love scenes LH had with MS and Wayne had to tell her to chill the eff out.   So my assumption is that CC and by extension MS were cold to Lynn and those happened to be her main screen partners.   And it was just a crappy part.  I do think it had potential but Days had so much going on back then I think the characterization just fell through the cracks.  Perhaps Lisanne could have replaced Rebecca Morrison in the John/Marlena/Roman story, but my timelines might be off on that.  And by replace, I mean I don't think there needed be two ballsy female lawyers and Lynn would have to have more chemistry with Drake than the poor actress that played Rebecca.

• Members

We are definitely getting off track talking about CC in a GH thread, but I always felt she had such a cushy gig at Days and squandered it with immaturity and pissing people off.  She was the LEAD.  In every freakin story and then just quit when MS got the boot.  She really could have set herself up with a lifelong job, but messed it up.  Not that she is doing bad or anything but her reputation as problematic is well known and she's only marginally talented and pretty.  She's nothing spectacular at all.

• Members

I can't say I have liked her or disliked in anything.  I never got the hype.  She's not awful, but she's nothing great in my eyes. I hated the Carly show in the early 90's.  And the way she treated people (allegedly) didn't back up her talent, but she does have a pretty solid fanbase.  You can chalk a lot of her days stuff to being young and immature, but she hasn't shown any growth as far as I can tell.  Due to her age and wearing out her welcome, I don't see her booking a lot.  Maybe she could book GH, but GH has actual beloved vets in that age range they don't choose to re-hire or use, so what's the point?  With my luck she will be a Brenda recast or something lol.   Honestly, she might not be a bad Julia or even a Lois recast, but I hate to put that out there because I actually like those characters.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

She's talented yet I have no desire to see her on a soap again. She's a mess. If she showed up I would give her a chance to perform, but there's just always drama.

Speaking of Julia, I remember Crystal Carson adjusting well to the Guza style of dialogue and changed tone of the show when she returned here and there before and after Brenda's "death". I was surprised we never saw her again, though I know Carlivati allegedly had planned for her, Cheryl Richardson and someone playing Sly to appear before he rewrote the Fluke/Bill Eckert story.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Again, I think we have had this conversation, but Crystal Carson is great to me.  And Guza gave her little nuggets like she previously dated Jerry and was attracted to Luke because of her relationship with Bill.  Plus her connections to Ned/AJ.   I think she also could have been tested with Jax post-Brenda's death.   I have no idea why they would sideline Brenda's only living relative (I don't want to talk about her mother), especially when they had such a complicated dynamic.  Julia has never even ever had a scene with Sonny!  Anyhow, I believe CC has given up acting and is an acting coach, so she would only be open to cameos or brief stints.

• Members

I know you aren't serious, but is it weird for me to say I don't think that would be the worst choice in the world?

Please register in order to view this content

Again, I wish they would hire someone that vaguely looks like Vanessa Marcil, but a lot of Brenda's hang ups were about how pretty and blonde and smart Julia was and I think SH could make it work.  I have no desire to look up SH's age but she does feel a little young to me to be Brenda's older sister.