AMC: Friday, August 12, 2011

• Members

I don;t think I said I wanted Stuart back from the dead did I. I was countering your argument when you said Babe and Zach and Dixie were coming back becaise the show lacks heart. ANd I still contend none of those characters added any heart to AMC aside from Dixie at one time and I could have supported them bringing Dixie back perhaps because she's a long standing and important character to the history of the show. But her returns are so overdone its anticlimatic at this point and stupid.

And who says the show had to end with all these "great" couples together. Are Leo an Gillian coming back to pairings? I actually support their returns because its giving those fans a little payoff. I thought Leos return as I already stated was perfect. Babe and Zach are completely unnecessary alive and I honestly think Dixie is at this point too.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, not as leads mind you, but I really like Maya... Mookie, I have less expectations for, he'll probably get chased out of town. But as for young, inexpensive talent to round out the cast, Maya gets a big yes vote from me. Just sad that DM is going to Y&R. When is AMC's last tape date again? I'm wondering if and when we'll see some "thinning out" in proportion to the show continuing with PP, and less of this crowded and rushed feeling. I haven't watched Friday's episode yet, but Maya/Mookie/Colby "hogging" airtime is the show's fault for trying to work in everyone and their mother while already having big stories going. I'm not blaming them for wanting to go out big, but it's only fair that they deal with their entire canvas, even if it means folks like Asher and Caleb.

• Members

SFK I really agree with you about Maya, I really love her & the Actress. However I don't agree about Mookie. I'd rather he go because Maya doesn't need him in her life anymore after all he's done to her. I also think he increasingly gets more and more irredeemable. Things aren't going to end well with him.

If the show keeps Maya, I think they'll keep Colby to. There's gotta be a man in between, my suggestion is to bring back Damon but they'll probably just keep Asher. *cringe*

To answer your other post, AMC last tapes Aug. 31

• Members

Maya has potential, and Mookie I don't think is a long term character, considering his abusive behavior towards Maya, but it would be interesting if they did try to keep him and try to redeem him. However I can see Mookie easily being offed or leaving between now and the finale.

+10 to what's in bold.

• Members

You said you would welcome Stuart being back from the dead yet you have constantly put down Dixie and Zach's returns for seemingly the same reason that you would accept Stuart being back. That makes me think that you don't have a problem specifically with them coming back from the dead so much as you have a problem with who is coming back. It's the general case of the wrong character came back. Which at this point is an entirely different issue. I have no problem with you not liking the characters and seeing their returns as useless that's your opinion. But prior to this sentence there seemed to be a pretense that you were upset with the returns/back from the dead stuff in general.

I just disagree. There are tons of fans who loved these couples and these couples were fan favorites, there most certainly were/are fans who have sentimental nostalgic feelings for these relationships. Like I said before they were one of the few successful pairings AMC had since the turn of the century obviously they do have meaning to the show's history even if it's recent history and as a result they deserve some form of reference in the final days. Ultimately these characters are still relevant and do still hold meaning to at the very least two characters on the canvas right now in the forms of both JR and Kendell. And obviously Dixie for Tad and JR. The same way Leo and Gillian are very relevant characters in the lives of Greenlee and Ryan. These returns are by no means pointless for the characters in PV.

You seem to be saying these returns shouldn't have happened and that more vets should have returned. Yet by that same point you are diminishing the importance of other characters who once meant something to the show once you state that. The characters on screen now and their respective history,fans and current relationships are important as well. Who is to say any of the vets of AMC even want to be involved? Why should these characters/actors/relationships not get a send off or closure of their own if they have actors willing to comeback to say goodbye? Why are these characters not deemed important enough? I don't get it.

• Members

I said that in response to your point. And its the only one I would have supported but the audience hasn't been craving for it nor am I crying because they haven't brought Stuart back because as a fan I don't need them to do it for any kind of payoff. I don't really care and you very well know I only mentioned this in the context of your stmt or do I need to go back and point out that you said Babe, Zach and Dixie are coming back because the show lacks heart. Gillian coming back from the dead and yeah Dixie IA with having heart but Babe or Zach were not nor have never been the heart of AMC and were part of the era where AMC's identity was gutted. Thats the main reason they are not needed ALIVE. I havent yet heard a valid reason any of these people need to return from the dead. I have no issue with closure or brining these people back in the same context Leo came back which was perfect .Do these characters have to be "Scifi'd back from the dead to give fans satisfactory closing because you know what lets bring every character ever killed off on AMC then or written off and do the same. You want to bring back a character with heart, lets get Jenny back. She still has connections too even though she died 25 years ago. Angie, Jessie and Tad are still around right? My point is these characters coming back and getting story is taking storytime away from stories current viewers were watching and engaged in. Janets return added value to 2 current stories being told not a story being created for her return.

With that I am done with this topic.

• Members

It's not a decision I enjoy making but I just realized that I've been watching the show with more and more dread as Dixie and Zach use up more time. The good stuff has been so good but it's getting hard to hear it over the giant sucking sound of Dr. Dave's Pine Valley of the Dead.

• Members

Here's my bet: that story will remain unresolved when AMC goes off-network. And when we do pick it up again online? Angie will be long gone (and Jesse will tell Tad she called him to say she is too angry to come home now, or anytime soon).

• Members

Oh god, I hope not. My guess is the baby reveal and Angie regaining her sight will all happen the same episode. Then, Angie will be so blinded by the excitement over getting her sight back, she'll wave her finger in Jesse's face for a segment or two, and then somehow forgive him.

• Members

Personally, I think "Project Orpheus" is the dumbest thing AMC has done in YEARS, and it's certainly not the proper way to wrap 41 years of storytelling, online reprieval or not. But that's what happen when something other than simply bringing the current and ongoing stories to a respectful close is your top priority.

• Members

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe my anti-Dixie bias is coloring my judgment (I loved Dixie BITD, but she lost me somewhere in the early '90's), but I feel as if MEK and CM have had to force their chemistry for a very long time - probably since MEK returned to AMC in '92 as "Ted Orsini."

Archived