AMC: Friday, August 12, 2011

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is Dixie coddling JR? She saw her son in pain and went to him. I thought Tad was ridiculous to expect that Dixie wasn't even supposed to try and help JR after she's been separated from him for 5 years. Of course she would go to him and I'm glad she did.

Just because Tad failed with his sermons and lectures doesn't mean that Dixie will fail. Although my dream scenario is watching Dixie being there for her son and not being the solution so to speak. JR in the end is the one that has to beat this.

In theory, I agree with Tad but Tad has proven over and over again just how little he really cares about JR. He talks the talk and that's about it. I honestly hate Tad today & I'm glad that JR and Dixie will be getting scenes without his useless input.

There are no words to describe how much I hate this Orpheus crap and how it revolves around David. They could've explained Dixie and Zach's return so much better than by having them involved in some outlandish scheme of David's where he is playing God.

I thought the dialogue in the JR and Dixie scenes were great. JR brought up Di, brought up the last time Dixie returned from the dead and he saw her drinking martinis with Josh. JR might be a drunken fool but his reaction was the most realistic and the one that most respected the history of the show. Dixie at the end getting a drink with her son was pretty interesting.

laugh.png at JR fixing the pillow before stumbling off to get another drink!

Mookie useless, GTFO!

Ryan and his giant swipie card thingy...and it didn't even work.laugh.png

As a european having done the dreaded flight to cross the pond many times, I HATE when they insult my intelligence and have characters fly to France in 5 minutes.

Not gonna lie, I got goosebumps when Kendall saw Zach.

• Members

Let's be real. Dixie has always coddled JR. She let him openly disrespect her when Tad and her broke up and she let him get away with countless things under her care while she was dating David before her first death. Dixie has never been able to say no to him or make him take responsibility for his actions. She let JR get away with nearly killing Kendell and plotting to kill his wife and tearfully begged Babe to not let him go to jail. Tad had a point when he said that they should let JR reach rock bottom before reaching out to him because JR doesn't respond to support and the truth is he doesn't. He was asking for Tad to get him out of going to jail even though he clearly assaulted a person five feet away from a police officer and even then he THREATENED the police officer who was trying to give him a break! The last thing JR needs is a person trying to understand and excuse away his actions especially after he drove drunk, stole a persons car and got into an accident in said vehicle. Not even bringing up the fact that he nearly killed Amanda Dillon a few years back for driving drunk. Does Dixie listen? No. She needs to run over there and bait him by taking a drink and further enable his addiction by drinking in front of him.

Not going to happen. Dixie is as much of a drug to JR as Babe and Marissa are. She is another person he is addicted to and he uses her as a tool to manage his problems instead of managing them himself. What happens when Dixie dies again or if she lies to him or does something that JR doesn't like? Is he going to go off on another bender again and cause more pain for others again like he always does? Of course because JR has no idea how to handle his problems. It's the same old, same old to him and as soon as Dixie does something to make him angry or piss him off he will be going back to the bottle or using another tool to help him deal with his epic man pain. Dixie is enabling JR again by excusing his actions and trying to belittle his poor decision making. I'll just pipe in and say I am not a fan of it.

Poor JR, it's not your fault baby. I'll talk to that mean old lesbian for you, just keep taking your scotch. Do you want your needle? I'll get it ready for you. Be right back. dry.png

Tad has been the only character willing to shoot straight with JR and not pointlessly excuse his actions. He wasn't like Adam who excused JR's evil actions as justified and egged him on to go further because he thought it was fun, he wasn't like Dixie who just let him run amuck aimlessly and make excuses for him and ignored his problems. He has been the only person in his life who tells JR when he is wrong and tries to show him the right way and give him useful advice on how to pick himself up from off the floor. Lot of good it does him as JR refuses to listen or see sense and only sees himself as a poor victim when his actions and the responses to them are his fault and his alone. rolleyes.gif Yes Tad is the evil one in this situation. Even the fans enable him.

• Members

*yawn*

How did she coddle him TODAY? She saw JR for 5 minutes they had a bad encounter, she found out he's in trouble and she went to see him. Bad bad Dixie for going against your man and wanting to talk to your son...BAD!rolleyes.gif

Tad is an idiot who told his beloved son JR that his child was dead which was indirectly hinted at today. Straight shooter, yeah right!

Tad remembers JR is alive when his biological sons are nowhere to be found and when they are JR means as much to Tad as Mookie does.

• Members

Yes you're completely right! Tad should totally have backed JR when he nearly killed Babe, drugged her with a substance that she was allergic to, tried to make her think she was going insane, framed her for conspiring with Jaime to kill him and then blackmailed her out of town. He should have totally backed JR after he nearly killed his son, framed (Jaime) JR's brother for drugging his wife, beat Jaime with a tire iron, and got the same brother who he lived with when he was younger (that same baby brother in this instance) jailed for doing something he didn't do. rolleyes.gif

I mean Tad is such a bad person, any normal person would have supported JR after all that! Right, Right! rolleyes.gif Tad is such a horrible person. If he was a real dad he would have cheered JR on from the sidelines. rolleyes.gif

• Members

Tad never stands up for JR when he needs it most. He, along with everyone else, hops on the Bandwagon O' Judgment. If this were Damon or Jamie, Tad would move heaven and earth excusing their horrible behavior. It's okay for Damon not to suffer the consequences of his actions because of his mental disorder, but JR must be vilified because of his? Would Tad have shoved Damon in the pool during one of his manic attacks? Would Tad side against Jamie if the mother of his child wanted to sue him for sole custody?

• Members

JR's actions are inexcusable. There is no way to justify them. I don't understand why Tad should excuse them just because he is JR's father figure. The fact that you are trying to put Jaime in a position that he would never be in kind of makes my point because Jaime has never been as destructive nor as abusive as his step-brother. The fact is that Jaime would never be in the position JR consistently finds himself in because he is not JR. On the off chance that Jaime is in that position it's because JR put him in that position/situation which was why Tad bailed Jaime out and sided with him because Jaime was in the right and JR was almost always consistently in the wrong.

Damon is a completely different animal, he was barely in PV anyway, Tad didn't even know he was his son until the last month and the character himself barely lasted four months. The fact that he had a mental disorder also makes it a completely different situation. JR is not manic, bi-polar nor does he suffer from a medical condition that forces him to act the way he does. He just continuously makes poor choices and decisions time after time and then expects there to be no consequences for the same ill conceived hurtful actions toward other parties.

That's because JR's actions, reasoning and ideologies make no sense with what we know the heart of the characters of Tad and Dixie to be. Neither of them are violently people nor were they nasty, neglectful parents who would have taught JR how to handle his problems the way he chooses to. Dixie and Tad were never like the way JR is now in any capacity, under any writer. Adam is though. JR is closer in characterization to Adam then Dixie or Tad are.

• Members

I don't think JR's problems are everybody else's fault, but the people around us do contribute to the way we turn out. Tad did do more than his fair share to contribute to JR's troubled childhood and his troubled young adulthood.

It's just putting me off that he's acting like he's been this good father to JR while Dixie has been coming and going and coming and going from the dead.

Archived