AMC: Friday, August 12, 2011

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not remembering anything Tad did to JR in his childhood that could have caused JR to end up like this. Dixie was his primary caregiver and she came back in 98' and after that it was the epic love story of Tad and Dixie in domestic bliss until they started cheating on each other and by that time JR was a teenager and most of his anger was toward David and Dixie then anyone else.

I don't think Tad has been a bad father since JR went off the road with his sobriety. He has been standing by JR, has been telling him to get his life together and being a stern hand that JR needs but JR continues to self-destruct and not listen to him. If JR doesn't want to get better then he won't. No need in blaming Tad for that. Tad was there for him when Di turned out to be Fake Dixie, he has been there for him now as well. I would say he has been the only figure in his life who still cares enough to show up.

I thought Kelly said she didn't want to come back?

I don't think this is true at all. JR makes bad choices and Tad makes the only decision that he can make without being an imbecile and placating JR. JR breaks into Krystals house and strong arms her and Tad is supposed to do what exactly? Pat him on the head say good job son? JR badgers Marissa and Bianca steals their car and 'wraps it around a tree' Tad is supposed to do what exactly? Say great job at least you hit a tree? Jr makes bad choices that Tad cannot support or condone that's JR's fault. Not Tad's.

• Members

I didn't blame Tad for JR's drinking. I do think the people and situations around us help contribute to who we become. Tad likes to point the finger at Adam a lot but his cheating as well as Dixie's cheating and their behavior contributed to JR's unhappy childhood as much as anything Adam did or didn't do.

Word up.

• Members

Yeah. I'm just trying to enjoy the good AMC stuff we get in between. Stuff like Janet/Amanda, Leo/Greenlee, Angie tossing Mookie out of her house and of course rare sightings of Frankie wandering the hospital hallway. I like to imagine he's running his own Project Orpheus right there in the hospital because clearly no one give a [!@#$%^&*] what he's up to.

• Members

I honestly think JR is an anomaly because his behavior doesn't make a lick of sense. He spent most of his childhood - impressionable and formative years - around Dixie and well Dixie never acted the way JR acts. Same with Tad who had a smaller influence on JR then that of Dixie but was still his predominant father figure never acted this way either. I agree that Adam didn't have a hand in raising JR, he was far too busy with Marian/Stuart and Liza to pay much attention to JR at all. Yet JR wound up being exactly like his father.

• Members

I feel like one or two back from the dead appearances every few years isn't that odd but grouping them all under one heading...yeah, it just seems like it's a bit much. Dixie's come back from the dead a few times and Zach I can buy since his body was never found...but when you start pulling every which character you can think of from the last 10 years that was on for more than two consecutive years under that blanket...Leo, Gillian, Babe, not to mention Mike Roy...to quote my favorite movie of all time: "It's what we call over-kill. It's what we call psychotic."

• Members

You have a tendency to forget all the bad things Babe and Jamie did but of course I'm not surprised.

None of this excuses Tad telling JR his son is dead! You can try to whitewash it all you want, Tad told JR his son was dead, Fact!

JR beating Jamie with that pipe, you do recall that Jamie had kidnapped, and was keeping JR hostage? That Jamie even taunted JR about his "dead" mother?

It wasn't 4 months but it was a short time and Tad still managed to completely focus all his attention on Damon and forget all about JR which is consistent when it comes to Tad Martin. Well I do recall Tad calling JR when he needed bail money for himself and Damon.

• Members

So pointless! Wasn't it just a few scenes here & there? And what exactly happened with them other than nothing? Asher was removed with no fanfare or real goodbye's, Caleb may have slipped his way back into some mountain hole, can't Mookie/Maya vanish as well? I have no interest in either of their backstories & other than in resolving Angie/Jesse baby drama, Maya has no real purpose & serves no point. Especially with the show set to go off the air in ONE month!

• Members

Good LORD! Nothing Babe or Jaime did during that time period in anyway excuses what JR did to them. Are you really going to argue that Babe cheating on JR and Jaime sleeping with Babe merits what JR did in the above post? Wow. The Young love most certainly is thick.

No it doesn't. But it certainly does give reason why Tad chose Jaime's side over JR's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Tad's point of view regarding the situation.

So that means that JR has the right to beat him with a tire iron continuously until he resembles a bloody pulp? Which likely could have killed him? It doesn't alarm you that he continued to beat him until he was unconscious and Kendell had to push him off of Jaime stop him? More fan enabling I see.

Damon was also a teenage minor during this time period. But I see we will reach new lengths to appropriate JR into this victimized step-son role in regards to Tad.

• Members

This +27,000

I love Tad but he has made a gazillion mistakes with JR. Tad is a Carey supporter before JR usually, too. Dixie today just did what a mother does, especially one who has not been around for a while-went to her child who is clearly in pain. That is not coddling. Now I agree JR needs to get a grip and perhaps hit bottom but no one in his life except maybe Stuart has really done JR right consistently.

Archived