AMC: Friday, August 12, 2011

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Annie did right by JR as well. She never coddled him, she gave him tit for tat, but she didn't try to change him or Martinize him. I don't blame Dixie one bit for going to JR even against Saint Tad's 'sage' advice. If it were my son, no one could stop me from running to him to try to save him. JR does need to save himself, I agree, but the 'tough' love approach Tad's been trying hasn't worked at all.

I've liked LB's Orpheus stuff & have enjoyed David's rise back to the forefront, but it is becoming a tad too much...and now I get why LB didn't want either JR or Annie to remember the other existed (because even today...when JR talked about his marriage to Marissa, all he mentioned was her leaving him for another woman - never mind that he went after Annie for a year or sobbed when she was taken to OH; he's not allowed to mention her name except with mild derision in regard to an STD). Apparently, LB's 'dearly departed' and about to 'rise again' from the dead will definitely include Babe, so she's supposed to be JR's happy ending? And the JR/Annie fan-base is supposed to celebrate that return AND forget the Jannie pairing altogether? Like it never existed? When OH burns down, Marion is mentioned to JR but NOT Annie? I mean, WTF? REALLY?

• Members

Yes, there were details given -- I believe it was actually from Griffin to Ryan. Something about stem cells being able to not only kill sick cells & regenerate healthy ones, but also able to somehow transform dead cells into living. Explanation was kind of technical for AMC, but made some sort of sense when I heard it. I think I may have botched the explanation a bit though, lol. The whole thing kind of reminds me of a movie I saw this week -- The Rise of the Planet of the Apes -- where a virus was able to 'cure' Alzheimer's but in healthy patients (or in this case, apes), it was able to make them miraculously smarter & exponentially heighten cognitive powers. Same here with David's 'drugs' -- they not only can help regenerate new, healthy cell growth to restore eyesight or cure spinal injuries, but probably in stronger doses (and over a longer period of time), able to revive the dead.

• Members

He's always been fond of his scotch, but I don't ever remember it being implied that he was an alcoholic. I think the show's mantra, especially in regards to J.R. and then retroactively tied to Hayley and Skye, that Adam was a main reason his children turned to alcohol.

• Members

No he's not an alchoholic, but in that story, he dranked heavily and had a hard time controlling it, most likely bc he really didnt give a damn anymore

As far as the older kids, Hayley's also Arlene's kid and ewell 'nuff said. Skye...who the heck knows who her bio father is but its interesting that when she went to GH, her dad, Alan was a drug addict, her brother AJ was an alcoholic and adopted sister Emily was also a drug addict. Skye was doomed to be screwed no matter what! lol

• Members

I remember a scene with Arlene when she came on to Hayley's network WAVE I think it was, and she stumbled into the shot, I thought that was such a campy trashtastic choice from the actress at the time and it made me laugh. laugh.png

Does anyone remember how Arlene and Adam came to be? I always thought that pairing never made sense.

• Members

I can't remember totally, but I think it was just some random one-night stand and Adam never knew a child came out of it until Hayley hit Pine Valley in the early 1990's. It was a retcon of course.

Olivia Bierkland was perfect for the role. I never really watched when the original actress was in the role in the early 90's, so I cannot comment on her. The Alec/Arlene affair when he and Hayley were married was awesome stuff. I think Arlene discovered some of his bad deeds and blackmailed him into having sex with her.

• Members

Colby, Maya, Mookie is being wasted on what airtime is left on AMC. Liked JR not falling for his mother's dead return. Oy Super Hero Ryape strikes again. Loved my David And Zach scenes. So Hot. David was so touchy-feely and caring with Zach. It would be great if Zach be greatful to David, have him over for dinner or whatever. It would drive Kendall nuts.laugh.png

2j1sww8.jpg

• Members

The cliffhanger was fantastic! Looking forward to Monday to see what happens next!

LOL at Spike wanting to bring that giant ass Pooh bear on the plane ride and Kendall telling him no!

Kendall & Cara have a nice bond and I loved their scenes

Dixie & JR's scenes were really good, the best since Dixie's been back.

Archived