AMC: Friday, August 12, 2011

• Members

I think there are more people that are happy about this, than angry...lol JMO. Not to say I love Zendall right now, but I don't hate them either; I'm happy for Kendall! (though, it would've been tons better if her & Griff could've had a chance!)

I usually don't mind them & I welcome their presence on the show, but those scenes were really a waste of time....LMAO.

Each episode that goes by without them in it I increasingly get more and more angry. I really wonder how AMC is going to wrap this up with everything else going on. I hope it at least starts to come together before this month ends.

I thought maybe because they're good friends and Cara doesn't want to be alone at this time. I also think there's not enough time for Cara to get a new place, that would be kinda dumb anyways at this point...lol.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh not really, more love them than hate them. Zach is one person that people were clamoring to return, same with Dixie. Just because YOU don't like them doesn't mean everyone else dislikes them too.

Meh she can get her own place, or better yet, let her stay with her BROTHER

• Members

WHo on earth was clamoring for Dixie to return? She's been back from the dead so many times its a non event. I have't seen any excitement or huge uptick from her coming back really anywhere other then "eh I guess its nice to have Dixie back for the end".

I hate Zach, He and Ryan's characters both took the lightheartedness out of this show and it became just another woman hating piece of crap like every other ABC soap. But I do believe there are people who are probably interested in he and Kendall. Although I honestly haven;t really seen a ton of excitement for his return. What I have seen people excited about was MCE returning, Leo/JD coming back, and Gillian. I also don't see a lot of excitement about Babe returning anywhere. I don't think long time AMC viewers really care that much about characters returning from the past 5 -10 years especially Dixie who has returned back from the dead too many times for anyone to even care. Even the actors aren't excited about it.

• Members

Ugh. I hate to do this but I give up. I wanted to see this show through to the end but I can't. I got halfway through this episode and in that time I was treated to watching Cara pimp both Tad/Dixie and Zendall in one conversation, Spider-Ryan saving Greenlee and Zach, JR being his usual boring dick self and David in full Magneto mode. It's like AMC has chosen to make sure the very things, people and characters that killed this show get to dance on its grave.

Let me know when Adam, Brooke and Lily come home. Angie gets her sight back and when SMG's scenes air.

• Members

I don't feel as strongly as you do but it is disappoining especially after reading the crap about Babe. I wish they would spend more time wrapping up the stories they had and bringing back some characters to enhance those stories and the show. I think I could even tolerate Dixie if her primarly story were going to be with JR and a mother helping her son and not reunion number whatever with Tad. I wish they'd spend more time on Angie and Jessie and Jake and Amanda's stories and less on this sensationalist stuff but I still think there are enough nice moments in between to keep me watching. I was skeptical of the Leo stuff but that turned out to be just terrific and just enough and perfectly done IMO.

• Members

I feel like the only reason I am tuning in is because of the returns. lol. I could give a damn about Jamanda the contrived token happy couple, Angie and Jessie's butchered storyline with Mookie and Maya who I could careless about and the fake lesbians. It's not even a contest who I would tune in for.

Dixie or the Costello's?

Babe or Maya and Mookie?

Leo or Minks?

Gillian or Jamanda?

Zach or Frankie lying to Angie about dead Lucille?

Mike Roy or Madison?

Yeah no contest.

• Members

Returns are one thing initiating brand new storylines with these returns when there is only a month left is another. There shouldn't be a choice. Zach Dixie Babes returns should all be like Leos was or Janets. A nice nod to history or a small arc that leads into integrating the character(Janet) into a few scenes in another storyline. We don't need full new stories with Dixie - we could have had ghost Dixie counseling JR over his issues. Her scenes with JR are the only ones to date that have been half believable and interesting. Zach who cares showkiller or Babe who is irrelevant at this point. There is not one reason for bringing her character back from the dead. Zach at least has Kendall who is Babe coming back to? No one.

I think the Jake and Amanda stuff has been terrific and finally a serious storyline for them. THere should be movement or some closure for Angie and Jessies story versus any of this back from the dead ish. Leo and Janets and Annies returns IMO were perfect and perfectly done and gave fans a little something nice (Leo), brought decent closure to the character(annie) and added a nice element to an existing story(Janet). Nothing else is needed for any of these returns. And people like Adam and Brooke could have fit easily into a lot of the current stories taking place on canvas in the final weeks versus Dixie again back from the great beyond,

• Members

I thought it was obvious Babe was coming back to JR. Just like Leo was coming back to Greenlee and Zach to Kendell. The character of Babe has ties to virtually everyone on the canvas in some way or another even if it's indirectly, so I wouldn't call her irrelevant at all especially since she would have ties to Bianca, Marissa, Krystal, David, Tad, Kendell, Amanda and yes even to an extent Dixie. Hell Marissa herself is just a Babe clone/insert and Marissa fits in just fine.

The reason why all these returns are needed is because this show has no heart or soul to it and it lacks characters viewers actively care about. I don't give a damn about half of these characters the only reason I am watching is because I want to see the former characters who were loved during AMC's former years. I'm sorry I couldn't careless about Scott, Madison, Mookie, Maya, Cara, her brother or any of these other new characters who have popped up over the course of the last two of so years. You couldn't pay me enough to watch them by themselves. I would much rather watch characters who once meant something to this show, provided interesting stories and memories of the show and who were once important to AMC during a much better time period. Not these tertiary rejects who are just watered down clones and facsimiles of former characters.

• Members

Babe coming back to JR is obvious really? He just spent how long in a popular pairing with Annie by the way and Marissa so its obvious Babe needs to come back for JR? I would expect there are a ton of JR/ANnie fans who are bummed ANnie didn't get to return to be with JR. As for any heart, Babe and Zach are the people they pick for this? DIxie I get, as overdone as her returns are but those 2 were never the heart and soul of AMC. Gillian I could see, even Brooke and Adam and how about nice arcs for Joe and Ruth. When you talk about heart its the long term vets people miss the most and identify with long term AMC not Babe or Krystal or Zach, they aren't Martins or Tylers or Chandlers are they, its Myrtle, Mona, Brooke, Joe, Ruth, Tad, Adam, Stuart. In reality if they wanted to bring a character with heart back from the dead Stuart adds a hell of a lot more than Zach, Dixie or Babe do. THat is a back from the dead I would have welcomed because it was so poorly done and for no reason

• Members

It's obvious in that JR has loved no other woman the way he has loved Babe. It's obvious in that JR and Babe are JR's most popular ship and coupling. It's obvious in that JR and Babe are one of the very few successful pairings that were created in the 00's. It's the same with Zach and Kendell who were ridiculously popular during a similar time period and were one of the few couples created that were ridiculously popular during the turn of the century. Zach and Babe are the quintessential partners for JR and Kendell. Not unlike that of Leo and Gillian for Greenlee and Ryan. No other pairing for these characters were as popular as those couples.

If you don't believe that Gillian nor Leo are flagships for an AMC during a better time period then I honestly don't know what to say to that. I would definitely take AMC 1997-2002 then AMC in it's current incarnation. Half of those vets you listed are either dead, have agreed to come back as well at a later time period or are retired.

In reality if they wanted to bring a character with heart back from the dead Stuart adds a hell of a lot more than Zach, Dixie or Babe do

Now the problem is that you don't mind the coming back from the dead story lines as long as it's a character that you like. I find this argument to be hypocritical. You don't mind the coming back from the dead and there being focus on other characters as long as it's someone that you deem important enough to revive. Not taking into account that there are characters coming back who did have an impact to AMC's history in the form of Dixie and to a lesser extent Zach.

Archived