August 1-5, 2011

Toups

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whats there to fix? They got the return they wanted with these people and bringing back Holly again? Why? For what purpose same as Robert. Genie came back twice. the first time to stellar ratings the second time was not poorly written but was just like eh again and did not garnish anything. They aren't going to bring back all these expensive vets for long term story arcs when they have already brought them back and have a huge cast already. AJ I could see because there is a ton of long term story potential with him, he's still a relatively young character, and his presence would impact the main leads on the show same as RH's Todd. EMily maybe to a lessor degree but with the Cassadines gone who cares. Alan, well he is coming back in a limited capacity.

• Members

Well then why not kill off everyone except Sonny, Jason and Carly if none of these characters are important? Again, I just think well-written vet returns would increase ratings. The 2nd time for Laura wasn't half-bad but most of them were horrendous. Have Holly come back and let everyone know that Luke didn't cheat on Laura and that Ethan is truly a Scorpio. Lots of angst for the Spencers and Robin finally has a sibling. Again, I see a lot of potential but I get that you don't. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Members

Highest ratings in almost three years? And they're canceling this gem of a show? It's an outrage. I hope One Life to Live goes out with a BANG in the ratings over the next 5 months and everything comes crashing down once The Revolution fails to take off.

• Members

I don't think I said none of these characters were important I said I don't think they would do squat for ratings anymore and I still don't. I don't see Dixie's return doing a thing for AMC this time because guess what, been there done that its anti climatic.

Speaking for myself, I don't care about Holly anymore. Robert maybe for Robin or even Anna. Laura is really about the only one that I think there is story waiting for. The TOdd story is good because its been a story waiting to be told that fans have been wishing for for years and all of Todds main connections on canvas are FB characters on the show. Whats the story awaiting Robert, Anna or Holly or even Felicia that fans are clamoring for. That was my only point. I think thats why Dixie's return on AMC has fallen so flat because while Cady is a fan fave and people loved Dixie. another return another back from the dead? And there are younger and more recent characters they could bring back like AJ who I think would have a ton more story potential than Robert and Holly or Anna at this point with Jason and Carly. And I love Alan to death but brining back a 70 year old character back from the dead why?

• Members

People doubted but I always said OLTL would get a ratings boost within one year of the ATWT cancellation. In many Eastern markets, the show runs up against nothing but talk shows and a certain segment of viewers are really into soaps. The smart addidtion of PGP actors certainly helped lure in eyes. The buzz from the cancellation press has died down by now yet OLTL still gains. A lot of people dislike RC's over the top style of writing but he has turned OLTL into a niche show with semi-mass appeal. (I think he would be a perfect fit as HW for Days but that will never happen). With a tiny budget, OLTL is the only soap to be gaining and this is pretty cool.

Y&R feels like a different show these days. Hogan is turning GC into a recycled Crackdale with Paul Williams cast as the new Hal Munsun and Sharon as Emily Stewart.

• Members

You are trying to twist what you said to match up with OLTL's current gains. You said that the show would be #3 and over 3 million viewers by December 2010. Didn't happen. The ratings started going up after cancellation was announced and the past was really the first time they have shown strong gains and that was because of Two Todds.

• Members

IMO if the writing on GH was good enough, bringing back the past wouldn't be important. (Except Monica!)

I love Dr Alan and I can't wait to see him. From what I took away from an interview with SB, Dr Alan is only in Jason's dream.

Nothing more. sad.png

DITTO!! smile.png

Archived