August 1-5, 2011

Toups

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for OLTL. OLTL, AMC, and B&B all up in their key demo while Y&R and GH are stagnant and Days down. Not that week to week means much or that any of this does anymore. Needless to say I think OLTL is carrying that lineup these days. It proves that a good compelling story involving compelling characters(Todd on OLTL, Sami/Nicole - the baby switch on Days) pulls people in not big names(Vanessa or Genie) or events which don't keep people engaged for the long haul.

• Members

omg OMG omg OLTL is kicking ass and taking names to the bank. WAS ABC CRAZY TO CANCEL THIS SHOW? The show is hotter then ever and it continues a 16 week beating GH. Thats four months guys and the show is so strong. OLTL is too good for the web. IMO OLTL should be a primetime show, I would tune into watch it. Props to Frank and Ron they are just going out on TOP and with a huge bang. ITS UNBELIEVABLE HOW OLTL is leaving other soaps in the dust.

• Members

For this one week only, all this hype about OLTL being "on fire" in the ratings actually has some merit to it. This doesn't mean that ABC was "crazy" to cancel OLTL, however (especially given the fact that TPIR and The View regularly crush it in the ratings, and that LMAD sometimes beats it as well).

• Members

I think OLTL did was smart was slow build Roger's return to climax two months later. Ron/Frank knew we have waited years for this return and they aren't dissapointing. Brenda's 2002 return was great very impactful and VM did her best acting in that return. This last return was just horrible from the beginning absolutely a total botchjob. OLTL DOESN'T DESERVE its cancellation. U know other soaps have been cancelled and fan outcry has never done a thing to reverse it. Honestly IMO its these great continued ratings that should make ABC look and say MAYBE we made a mistake. OLTL has been under budget for 3-4 years and is doing better then far expensive soaps.

• Members

Its more because this was a story waiting to be told. I'd venture to guess if RH just came in and replaced TSJ you would not have gotten any uptic. And while I adore VM, what story was waiting to be told with her return? Reuniting with Sonny? Who cared about that? I say the same for Genie Francis if she came back. GH already played their big return stories, in 2002 when Brenda came back from the dead and that did raise ratings and when Laura came out of her vegitative state for the 25th anniv wedding. Even Laura's permanent recovery did nothing for ratings when they sent Laura off to France. They already played the bring old vets back with Robert, Anna, Felicia in years past.

For GH all they can do is bring a Q back from the dead like AJ. What other cards to they have? But then AJ was not a hugely popular character and I don't think Alan at this stage coming back from the dead would do squat. They had the chance with Emily a couple of years back and went another riduculous route. Even bringing original Carly back to play another character did squat.

2 Todds has been a story RC talked about and its finally playing out. And the pace had been decent and it involves all their lead actors for the most part. Even John McBain is half interesting again.

• Members

OLTL only has ONE good storyline and that's Todd vs Todd. The only reason ratings are peaking is because obviously people are interested in the return of RH and to see how the story plays out. Take that away and OLTL is still the same soulless show it's always been. People using these ratings as justification for ABC not to cancel these shows is laughable.

If PP is really smart they would use TSJ as an antagonist to RH to keep the momentum since that's all this show has going for it.

• Members

B&B is really up. Y&R is doing pretty good. Every day B&B was over 3 million that says a lot though OLTL beat it on Monday. Good day on Monday for OLTL buy those numbers sure did fall off. I even notice AMC is going through a surge of its own. ANd Poor Days. 2.1 million on friday. Last in the demo. They got a lot of work to do. Cant wait to see what JNewt has to say

• Members

The thing is OLTL was rising before Roger's return. The Bully storyline was pulling in good solid numbers for OLTL and Gigi's death. So u can't make that case it was all Roger. OLTL set in motion back in April 2011 after cancellation. Everyone balked at the big increases as I did but show has consistently beaten in viewers GH which has a far more expensive cast. U all keep saying this and it fails with the numbers consistently going up and up. After awhile u need to start to notice. OLTL should not have been cancelled PERIOD. GL was a dying dog, AW was going down tubes, ATWT had life in it but had waned but OLTL is going out with a HUGE VENGENCE/BANG.

Archived