Ratings from the 70's

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wasn't a big fan of 1970s World Turns, though it was often playing in our living room.  I remember Dan's funeral pretty vividly, and how composed Kim was for the sake of Betsy.  It struck me as being shockingly real.  (But I was too young for anyone's demo, so my opinion didn't matter lol.)     

• Members

February 20, 1979: Melody Thomas Scott debut on Y&R.

March 5-9, 1979 was a big week in daytime history: Another World expands to 90 minutes, Guiding Light Roger/Holly marital rape, One Life to Live Karen Wolek on the witness stand.

• Members

NBC on the whole was a mess in the late 1970s and early 1980s. As we all know NBC didn't recover in primetime until The Cosby Show came along but it remained a mess in daytime despite supercouple Days, Santa Barbara Emmy run, Reilly Days.

• Members

A note on the ratings. I will be pausing the posts on the ratings for a bit due to time constraints. Look more towards probably August for the regular ratings posts to return. And 1980's ratings fans, as a teaser, you now have a LOT more to look forward to than just the first year (1980) of the decade!!

• Members

We have really appreciated all the work you have done getting these posted!

Please register in order to view this content

and OMG, that's gonna be awesome if you have ratings for 1981, 1982 etc...eventually!  

Thanks so much!!