DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Members

Sonny to T: I dont find you interesting enough to care what you are or who you are.....lol

T: I'm not gay...not even close.

Sonny: Imagine the shame and horror of being what like me

T: You asked me to a ball game

Love the writing...same thing happened to me about a month ago with a guy.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I make fun of Carly for huffing and puffing all the damn, but I'll be damned if she wasn't AMAZING today. The shower scene was awesome and her confrontation with Jen was spectacular. The slap! Throwing the pills! All spectacular. I wish we'd gotten here earlier, but this was really good. Great job today, Crystal.

Also loved the rest of the show today. Victor standing up for Sonny was pretty awesome, I like it when Victor lays down the law in a good way and not in a "let's call everyone woman around me a slut" sort of way. The Nicole/Kate scenes were also great. I've really enjoyed the relationships between Nicole/Kate/Sami and how they've gone up and down over the years.

Edited to add, even Viv managed to be creepy forcing the water down Carly's throat. Even her in the goofy get up didn't bother me, it felt throwback Days having a villain dress up to do some mischief. Also, I'm glad Days delivered its trademark idiocy too -- the whole DR. FEELGOOD clip at the end was LOL for real.

• Members

:rolleyes:

Even though the character has never been explored he was always seen as a nice guy, now his sudden vapid hatred of gay people has came along. I didn't say he had to be all "OMFG your gay, I have always wanted a gay BFF". I just though the way he reacted was sort of out OOC but I know you will another smart ass comment, but its JMO.

• Members

I'm not the poster you were responding to, but I totally buy this turn for T. He's always sort of been a goober, and I can see this reaction coming from a place of insecurity. Honestly, if it were a dayplayer we hadn't met before, it'd be easier to write them off and be like, "Oh, whatever, a bigot." It's much more shocking when it's someone you (thought you) knew. Some of the dialogue was definitely OOC, but everything on this show is about as subtle as the time Shawn drove his car into Victor's living room, soooo... ;)

The Carly/Jen scenes were FANTASTIC. They were dirty and ugly and actually felt like something that might happen where a drug addict is concerned. There's been no appropriate build to this, and the story sucks, but the writing and the performers were both on today.

• Members

I loved the Sonny and Will stuff today. I liked how Sonny reacted to T, I liked Victor's speech to T, it didn't sound overly "PSA-y" to me, which was good. I loved Will's speech about being disappointed in thinking "Sonny didn't seem gay". When Sonny said the line about the terrible service & thinking it's the nepotism, Will gave Sonny this look, I couldn't help but crack up, LOL.

I think T's reaction is normal of what some straight high school/college guys would reaction upon learning a buddy of their's is gay. I don't think they are throwing T under the bus, yet.

• Members

OMG Tuesday's episode overall was fantastic! The Jenn/Carly scenes were bone chilling & very well done. What great performances by both Actresses. Seriously, all of it was outstanding. Anyone who hasn't seen those scenes should check them out!

Vivian & Gus rolleyes.gif Ugh that ending was so stupid! Can they just GO!

I loved Sonny's stern, yet calm reaction to T. He made all the right points and I'm actually glad T didn't budge right away. I hope he does eventually though because I don't want him to be phased out. The actor is soo good and has so much charisma!

Also loved Sonny going to Kinsey and telling her he still wanted to be friends! LOL! It was so funny how she was awkward around him at first.

Anyone notice how Will was acting in this episode.... ;)

Victor and Maggie were getting highly boring for me until this episode. I love them again! Finally some movement!

MELANIE & DARIO wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

• Members

"Stupid and ignorant are two different things, but you managed to incorporate them both" LMAO! I loved that line. Im gonna have to use it.

Loved Kate and Nicole sipping martinis together! They work so well together. Kate: "Taylor was like an oppurtunistic infection" :lol:

Oh sh-t, I was shocked when Jenn slapped Carly! These scenes were so good. Hate Vivian. She could have killed Carly by making her overdose or choke while forcing that drink down her throat while unconcsious.

• Members

Victor was great and I like the Sonny story. It is a little PSAish at times, but I like this more than Nuke and Kish I think.

As for Kate, she sounded like an idiot today. Blaming Nicole for the whole mess and then closing her ears when someone brings up Stefano's role in it. And the whole bit about how Stefano didn't get a moment of sleep...why would Nicole care? Kate just sounded ridiculous.

Archived