B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Don't know where else to post this but B&B is returning to German television after 11 years. The show last aired here in June 2011 with episodes from early 2011.
Now Warner TV, a pay tv channel, has bought the rights and will start broadcasting episodes from 2018, so they skipped 7 whole years of episodes.

I wonder if the current and classic episodes of B&B's YouTube channel will become geoblocked in Germany once Warner TV starts airing the show.

Edited by Huntress

• Members

I was thinking about this earlier today: There is a lot of talk lately about something happening soon after which the show "will never be the same again", and some speculation has been that there might be a major character death. So here's my question - which past character deaths have been significant enough that they actually "changed the show forever"?

I don't mean (necessarily) that the death has to be very emotional, or very dramatic, or even that it has to involve a major character. But somehow that character death caused a permanent and major shift in the whole structure of the show.

My list goes as follows:

Caroline I - because her death changed the focus of the "Ridge's love life" side of the show and without it there would be no Tridge/Bridge triangle (and probably no Taylor in any major role on the show). Since this storyline was always front and center that changed the entire dynamic of the show.

Eric Forrester III - because his death triggered the baby switch storyline, which in turn introduced characters like Little D, Becky and Deacon, who continued to impact major storylines for years to come (especially Deacon). Without Eric's stillbirth, no Deacon, no Brooke sleeping with Bridget's husband, no Hope, no Brooke losing control of FC in 2003... in fact, the death of this infant we never even met is probably the most significant death on the show, ever.

Macy - because her (second) death was the beginning of the end of the Spectra branch of the show. Sally lost the main motivating factor behind her actions, Spectra lost its primary tie to the show's main family, and the Spectra family and business were left without a viable "second generation" to take over after Sally (as the show never really invested in CJ). So the entire Spectra storyline slowly faded away. (Interestingly, I think Macy's first death was far more emotionally charged, but structurally much less critical as it enhanced rather than diminished the Spectras' role on the show.)

Stephanie - no explanation really needed. Stephanie WAS the center of the show. The show hasn't been able to fill that void to this day.

Just a couple of my thoughts! What are yours?