B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Ok Guys i dont want any fighting i made it clear that i just want people to be good to eachother im trying to do what everyone wanted. just enjoy and discuss. not sure what else to say? like what what size is sufficient? i cant be doing trial and error to find the perfect consistency. all i know is that they work just fine for me. im not seeing any issues like lagging? if someone can point that out on one let me know so i can check. i looked at a few and all seem ok. anyways two more up now 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks!!

Please register in order to view this content

Sorry for arguing, you're right to want to keep it positive. I actually did save the bigger versions  so I can upload those again, I'll leave it up to @ChickenNuggetz92if the videos uploaded should be big or small since it's his vault and he has to make decisions about the space. Personally I liked the bigger ones but still good either way.

• Members

We are really thankful to you sweet angel. I am happy with any quality... I think the smaller are good and I agree it may be perfect if it was 200 250 mb. Again million thanks and may God bless you.

Ooh and I just saw you have uploaded new episode. I guess I am not sleeping. So happy... you are making my week again. Thaaank you

• Members

Does anyone find the Vault to sporadically not work? I've used the same link since the lovely @ChickenNuggetz92 created the Vault a couple years ago https://bit.ly/2A3Bnhv

Yesterday, the link worked fine... today in both Chrome and Safari (Mac), I get an error message "server can not be found". This happens occasionally and then magically corrects itself at a later point.

• Members

I know some people dont mind waiting... but I am really excited by these uploads and the Angel that is uploading. I have a relative that is very old that watches the episodes from the vaulth. I sent her a link and she is so happy. I want this Angel to know how happy he makes an old woman. So she cant afford to wait... I am really hoping we will continue this great tradition here... made possible by amazing people. Thank you so so much! 

• Members

Hey everyone! I know I'm not a frequent poster, but it looks like I missed quite a bit of interesting drama here (sadly more entertaining than what the guys over at the Y&R writing team can come up with).

First things first, thanks @BoldRestless for always being my proxy/mediator in terms of passing on messages and the goings on here. I find quite often, the many issues that people will have opening the Vault is because they are using an old link to a server that I was previously on. Around 6 months into it, I had to migrate OneDrive servers because the previous server got nuked in functionality. Thankfully my current OneDrive server is going strong.

That being said, going on my Twitter page (@YRVault) will always guarantee you the newest link. If you still have issues, please use Private Browsing/Incognito Mode on your browser.

Secondly, I understand that storage space on the Vault is an issue. For those curious, The Vault is currently at 95% of its 5TB storage capacity. On one hand, this is wonderful because it means that this resource has managed to find a reach within the community where contributors are working tirelessly to ensure content is uploaded and we have a most complete archive as possible.

On the other hand, this also means I may have to create a separate Vault to relieve pressure. I'm personally a stickler for video quality myself, and while file compression is a decent solution to address this, pixel peepers like myself may notice a loss in quality. That being said, I thank @anon4520 for having all of these files converted to save space - I think everyone's current priority is to ensure as much content is available as possible as opposed to a nice HQ video.

I'm going to think of a new strategy to resolve this space issue. I may move out Y&R to a new OneDrive account and keep B&B as is as most people are currently using it. This will free up 1.54 TB, so hopefully that buys us more than enough time until I have to come up with another solution.

Another possible solution is to move from OneDrive to Google Drive via purchasing/acquiring an edu account, because Google Drive has unlimited storage for edu accounts. The tricky thing about that is acquiring an account to begin with - eBay has really cracked down on people selling these accounts so it's much harder to do now.

Remember to be kind to one another - though I'm administering the resource, this is ultimately a community effort and can't be possible without everyone who has shared. I'll keep you guys posted!