B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

By 1993 Karen's story was mostly over... She's getting some PSA type material and romance with Connor, but nothing much comes out of it. Her airtime will decrease dramatically if I remember right.

As for Connor: I only REALLY remember his first few months (major BEEF with Ridge and being Brooke's attorney during the fight for BeLieF) before he was insta-fixed up with Karen and started to fizzle. In my memory, the bigest "role" Connor then had was to play the same sex version of Murder She Wrote's Jessica Fletcher and Seth Hazlitt with his significant other being Dr. Warwick. I swear they spent YEARS sitting in either character's office talking about Taylor, Brooke and/or Sheila. That said: I found Connor likeable but very bland because he was simply under-developed as character.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Have you been watching the crossover episodes as well? I always wanted to watch in synch but then got too greedy to wait out on the plentiful consecutive  B&B uploads while Y&R is incomplete. But by the January 1993 episodes, I decided to watch Y&R along (at least the Sheila/Lauren/Molly/Scott scenes) to have the full experience. Boy, it is STELLAR TV.

EDIT: I'll label the episodes available here: 1993-January 7, 8, 12 (partially used as flashbacks in #1459), 13 (partially used as flashbacks in #1459), 14 ...

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

It's funny, I have really come to reevaluate the Stephanie/Brooke relationship after watching these early shows from the beginning up until 1992.

I used to believe Brooke was in love with Ridge and tried to win him, and Stephanie was dead set against it and did everything she could to keep them apart.

Instead, I have just watched Stephanie spending the better part of the first five years of the show (starting in late 1988, then most of 1989, about half of 1990, all of 1991, and the beginning of 1992) scheming and plotting in favor of a Brooke/Ridge pairing, while Brooke keeps self-sabotaging her prospects to win Ridge (and lashing out at Stephanie when Stephanie points this out to her).

It has really turned my preconceived notions upside down to see how most of Stephanie's manipulations in those early years actually involved getting Brooke and Ridge together in order to achieve other goals (Thorne not killing Ridge, Stephanie getting Eric back).

On a side note - I am watching Faith's/Karen's introduction storyline at the moment and at first I found this Bonnie Roberts character annoying but now she is growing on me. There is just something hilariously creative about making a "tough librarian" character...

• Members

Last days i have been watching 2005 episodes from the YT BB chanel. I have forgotton how good was Felicia's cancer/baby story. Susan Flannery plays great! And of course i neve remembered the Stephanie Duglas fund and that Stephanie took over FC. I must have slipt my mind. Cant wait to see the whole Felicia story.

• Members

Didn’t recognize her, BUT she was on Falcon Crest for two seasons (1988-1990) which of course aired in CBS, so your eyes probably did not deceive you.

IMO, B&B was amazing as soon as Taylor came back from the dead in May 2005, had a breakout fall with the legendary Kay Chancellor visit and Stephanie kicking Eric in the groin and Felicia’s cancer return. It probably fizzled sometime in 2006 when Brad Bell undid Felicia dying and paired her with Antonio Sabato Jr, Nick Marone going ballistic over Brooke modeling (a huuuuuge WTF exit story for Massimo Marone) and the very prominent arrival of NuDonna which was such a crappy nonstory. 2006 was painful to watch at times.