B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Made it to 1510

Can I just say what an arrogant, pigheaded, selfish, immature, annoying, irritating [!@#$%^&*] Thorne has become? 

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously, I almost cheered when Macy slapped him. I can't believe she even still wants him after what he's become. I was Team Thorne all the way back when he was married to Caroline, when he shot Ridge, etc. But now I can't stand him lol. It's sort of similar to the way I felt about Steffy on current B&B in the months leading up to Finn's death. I was always Team Steffy but all that bitching about "the Logans" made me can't stand her either lol 

I did love Macy's rendition of I Only Want to be With You though 

And I know this is technically a Y&R question, but why did Lauren cheat on Scott so soon after she got him back?

• Members

I really cant believe that there a couple of episodes left till Brooke rips the papers... I have water my ENTIRE life to watch this story in its entirety. I am crying. THANK YOU @rsclassicfanforever THANK YOU THANK YOU THAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also amazed by the quality of the uploads! AMAZING.

• Members

I only watched those few Y&R episodes available in The Vault from January 1993 so far which I listed a few pages back. There, it was etablished that Lauren did not really love Scott (anymore) but decided to reunite with him for Scotty's sake. The relationship between Scott (who always came off as a non-character to me BTW) and Lauren felt very cool. Lauren kept bitching about Sheila had done to her while Scott wanted to move on (for storyline's sake, I guess ;-)). Add: Brad being very handsome and Lauren being Lauren - so of course they had to find out if chemistry is still there and have sex. In a coincidence only happing on soaps Sheila who is living in LA permanently and has hardly been in Genoa City the past 8 months - was JUST in Genoa City at the time and JUST at this very moment in Lauren's suite when Brad and Lauren had their 1993 one-night-stand to snap some pictures.

• Members

The whole process of dividing Thorne & Macy was not very flattering for either character. The shared apartment part was already pretty far-fetched considering that Karen the virgin came from Starlight Texas and was probably not used to such elaborate living arrangements and Thorne used to be stand-up good guy. Then, Thorne and Macy kept beating around the bush for months when Thorne mistook Macy hugging Jake for an actual affair. Then, Macy had the brilliant idea to send a tape to Thorne - instead of talking to him. I guess, someone told Macy that letters get intercepted in LA (Hello, Brooke!) all the time, so she felt super smart about it. Karen knows about the true story for the separation between Macy and Thorne but keeps it for herself after Macy goes full b*tch mode on. Perfectly fine, yet Karen is supposed to be this lovely person and therefore acts rather OOC. Macy is that desperate that she goes on a bender due to Thorne’s rejection (but was singing for Sly at Bikini Bar just two episodes prior)… While the story is quite the elaborate plot and makes attempts to add reasoning to all these rather confusing behaviours, nevertheless it made ALL of these characters very un-like-able for me.

• Members

Some key episode call-outs…
1573 - Brooke tears up the BeLief contract
1582 - Stephanie and Brooke slap each other (100% real)
1589 - Brooke tells Stephanie she’ll be under her thumb
1602 - Brooke demands controlling interest in Forrester / Eric goes ballistic
1606 - Brooke takes 51% control and appoints Sheila as Executive Liaison
1616 - Brooke’s first day / Sheila & Brooke take over Stephanie’s office

Edited by boldau

• Members

Thanks!

I tried watching some of the Y&R episodes in the vault to try to fill in the blanks, but I wasn't sure about how Lauren and Scott's relationship broke down so quickly

Agreed.

A while back, I was speculating with some people on here that maybe Brad took over more writing duties before he officially became head writer; the characters who were sent packing, the changes in Thorne, Macy and other characters plus the Gans storyline all seemed so different than everything we had seen up until that point.

• Members

Oh I feel Brad from the beginning. But from 1989 his style is getting more and more noticed. Some episodes are clearly written by him and the dialogue is worse than the other. I just feel his style. Melodramatic... repetitive... but back then he had the good ground of the story of his father.

• Members

I definitely agree. Jeff Trachta as Thorne is definitely my least favorite Thorne. He became just exactly what you've just said, not interested with other people's problems, just letting them leave crying/sad, very selfish, dishonest and with lack of expressing his true feelings about everything. He even stopped being Brooke's friend without a reason (Brooke & Eric coming out was a bit later) and practically turned very much to Taylor in 1992 like she was his best friend (from nowhere, nothing really caused it).

I have a distinct feeling that writers didn't really have any good scenario for Thorne's character at that time and they were pushing him to the background. He was not even told about the Belief problem for a very long time, also noone was interested about his life any longer. There were couple of stories, but they were long, boring and not quite interesting like all the others.