Ex-soapers you love

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love anyone almost anyone I recognize as having a soap "past".

Michael Weatherly

Mark Derwin

Natalie Zea

Richard Burgi

Eddie Cibrian

Billy Magnussen

Peyton List

Alex Chando

Jesse Soffer

Matt Bomer

Lindsay Frost

They may not be huge names, but they're working.

• Members

Most I can think of have been listed, but i also think of many who have had a lot of stage success--the brilliant Tonya Pinkins (I still can't believe how useless her return to AMC was) had some stage success before (and then I guess was briefly homeless? Something crazy) but after her first AMC stint she won a lot of accolades for being in the musical The Wild Party with Eartha Kitt, Mandy Patinkin and Toni Colette, and was robbed of an Emmy win for her nomnation in the Tony Kushner musical Caroline, or Change.

• Members

Yes she played Heather Dalton in the mid 80s according to her bio from 83-86, so when she was still quite fresh (she was still a teenager when she had her Broadway debut in the infamous, but beloved, Stephen Sondheim flop Merrily we Roll Along in '81). She was also in the truly dreadful primetime syndicated soap University Hospital--which filmed in Vancouver where I happened to meet her in the mid 90s when I was a teenager. She was absolutely lovely. She sang a bit on AMC as well--I believe at Mona's funeral, and had an amazing voice--I also often think her and Tom are forgotten as being such a great couple--they never seem to get brought up around AMC couples.

Her voice was shot when she performed this number from Caroline on the Tony Awards, but you can still get some sense of her strengths, which AMC really didn't use when they brought her back onto contrack in the mid 2000s, only to basically play a lawyer in some court scenes and disappear again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLcMXS0booM

• Members

Tonya was very good on ATWT. She never really had a chance to shine. She also didn't really quit by choice - she felt the producer did not care for her and she was essentially let go while on vacation.

That group of ATWT ladies cast around 83-85 went on to some fame - Pinkins, Julianne Moore, Meg Ryan, Marisa Tomei. And of course, as they kept showing over and over years back, Courtney Cox in a day player role.

Archived