All: Single Scenes You Think Should Have Won An Actor/Actress an Emmy

• Members

Which is a shame cause she had both the airtime & the material to justify several Emmy wins.

Though Lauren's later work inconsistent most of her stuff with Lago (and Luckinbill to a lesser extent) was definitely Emmy worthy.

Agreed that Fonseca was green but she also had more than enough material (especially during the beginning of her relationship with JT) to justify winning an Emmy.

It took awhile but I ended up liking Adrianne too.

Not more than Lyndsy but definitely I definitely appreciated Leon on her own merit.

She may have had Supporting airtime but she was turning in Lead work.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Margo wasn't on the "Divas" episode. It was Nancy, Lisa, Kim, Susan, Babs, Lucinda and Emma. And I don't think Tunie was still recurring. She was pretty much gone after the Marshall stuff ended. I thought the last thing she really did was represent Carly after Jack came home with amnesia to try and have him declared incompetant, and that was the fall of 2004.

Maura should have won in 2004 when Jack was presumed dead. And in 2008 when she told Jack she was dying. That was great stuff.

• Members

Agreed. Her work in her final year, ESPECIALLY in her final episode, more than justified a Lead Actress Emmy win.

Again, I agree. I would point to JT's affair with Anita Hodges as Fonseca's finest hour, and the fire at Gina's as some of the strongest work of both Luckinbill and Diamont's careers.

You're right about Margo, so that would have made Tunie out of place. The "Divas" episode was AMAZING IMO. Is any of that on youtube? The Kim/Susan scenes and flashbacks were divine.

I think you're wrong about Tunie though- I believe she was somehow involved in the Baby Switch story, wasn't she? Either in the part with Casey vs Gwen (paternity), Carly vs Gwen, or after Paul was shot. Either way, she appeared after 2004 and I remember her coming back and being involved somehow in story, which leads me to believe it was Baby Switch.

Also, didn't she defend Casey for cheating in college?

Disagree and history takes my side. Yes, the show itself only has one Best Drama Series Emmy but the actors are hardly ignored.

Slezak has won 5 times, Hilary B. Smith won Lead, Judith Light won Lead twice, Robin Strasser won Lead once, Susan Haskell has won in both Lead and Supporting, Roger Howarth has a Best Younger Actor win, Al Freeman Jr. won Lead Actor in '79, Bob Woods won Lead Actor in '83, Thom Christopher won Supporting Actor in '92, and OLTL won Outstanding Writing in '94 (deservedly IMO) and '08.

OLTL has the most Lead Actress wins of ANY soap! The only category that OLTL has never won is Outstanding Younger Actress.

So, while OLTL may not have a lot of wins in the 2000s (when the Emmy started losing its meaning), I'd hardly say the show as a whole has been ignored.

• Members

The Divas episode is definitely on youtube---that's how I checked.

Randomly checking episode counts, Tunie's still making appearances in 2006. She makes five appearances in Jan/Feb 07, and then nothing.

• Members

Yes, that scene with Robin Christopher on the witness stand was AMAZING, I will never get over Vanessa beating her that year. I remember I was watching and flipped the [!@#$%^&*] out, I ran all around my house cursing her name...my family laughed :lol:

I can't believe this wasn't posted, Tamara Braun rocked this scene, she gave it her all and then some.

• Members

It's strange that NB was making fun of that clip - I thought Alfonso was very good, very raw.

Did they have Lexie as the doctor because of her history with Zack or did the show just use her because she was the only doctor on the canvas?

The beginning of that has the always awkward Reilly recapping...I think most viewers probably knew that Bo was Roman's brother.

• Members

Alfonso is GREAT in that clip. That deranged, guttural scream -- that's exactly how Hope would be in facing the death of a young child. Especially in a tragic, unexpected accident, after all they'd been through to get him and after they lost JT.

That ridiculous Reilly exposition kills me, though! Naming everyone by their full name, job title, and relation. God.

Archived