All: Single Scenes You Think Should Have Won An Actor/Actress an Emmy

• Members

Exactly, which is why I don't hesitate to agree when many call her the Bev McKinsey of her generation. I'm not saying she's Bev's equal or their acting styles are even similar, but she has that level of talent. I've watched it blossom for some 16 years now. She never misses a beat and has NEVER phoned in a performance, even on Y&R, where the writing for her has been less than stellar.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These comments really do my Maura heart soooo happy. I have always felt that Maura has something special and while I don't know of Beverly McKinsey's work or that of many other legendary actresses of Daytime - I've never waivered in my belief of her immense talent. The woman has mad skillz. And what's so great is when you stumble upon a "small" moment that just leaves you speechless. I still cannot believe that they've let her go.

• Members

OMG...PWF, you never watched GL in the late 80's, early '90's? Think Lucinda when she had real teeth, and multiply that times five. That's how good she was. And as vicious as she could be, I thought BMc had this deep, warm side of her, which sometimes I think Liz Hubbard lacks onscreen.

• Members

Marcy Walker's final episode of Santa Barbara. Both Marcy and Judith McConnell should have received Emmys for their work here. Or at the very least, a nomination. For some reason, there was a backlash against my Marcy after she won in 89 and she never received another nomination for SB no matter how much she deserved it. Even on AMC, there were numerous years in the 90s, ESPECIALLY when she miscarried because a company that Adam owned sold faulty equimpment to the airline, thus causing a plane crash. She didn't get nominated again until 2001 and it took A LOT of bloc voting to get her in (it was the year where AMC and ATWT literally hogged almost every nomination- AMC had 3 lead actress nominees!). Regardless, despite my not being thrilled with it being her exit storyline, she did some magnificent work in the split personality storyline. And Judith McConnell was always consistent and spot on.

Archived