All: Single Scenes You Think Should Have Won An Actor/Actress an Emmy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG THANK YOU!

I'm sorry, but I'm so glad you said something, because as touching as I found those episodes, I found that particular moment a little cringeworthy. Not unlike Sophia's, "My baby's gone" on The Golden Girls which a lot of fans claim to break out the Kleenex for.

I guess it makes sense and is touching on an intellectual level for me that stoic bitch Tracy would have a messy reaction like that. My grandmother and I couldn't help but laugh when her cousin's husband died and she came into the funeral home blubbering to her kids, "I wanna see Daddy! I wanna see Daddy!", and that was NOT *funny* per se, but we all have our buttons.

• Members

You hate all things AMC anyway, so it's not like I consider your opinion all that unbais. LOL SL isn't great. But she's good when she's paired with the right actors. I've never cringed at her acting with VI, DC, or even TK. With the women, JB really...make her a better actress. Walt, Eden, Alicia, Cam, etc. bring her down, BIG time.

• Members

I will give Columbino some props---in the context of the thread, which is based on one scene that could have delivered someone an emmy. I know people rave about the scene at the fence you've mentioned, but there's also the Endicott Awards, where she's outted in her plot to get Molly's job. There's also the scene when Mike confronts her and Simon, and she's ready to leave Mike for Simon, only to realize he's made up with Carly. And when Jack confesses to her that he's slept with Carly, and she throws him out.

Columbino is far from my favorite actress, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

That girl who played Olivia's daughter Ava did some good work too when her baby with Remy died too.

• Members

ABSOLUTELY! I cringed/half chuckled at that line. I mean this is supposed to be Tracy Quartermaine, not Eunice Harper! :lol:

And Mona's funeral was SO sad. I had recently started watching AMC then and was lucky enough to see Heflin's Mona for about 6-8 months before her death. I felt so badly for Erica and throwing herself on the casket was perfectly in line with her character.

I agree that Jane > Susan, but Susan's not as bad as people make her out to be. She has her moments IMO. The problem is that Erica is SO OTT at times and Susan is simply playing her. But because the character is OTT, the acting sometimes comes off that way as well.

But she was AWESOME during Mona's death, Bianca's anorexia, the initial Kendall storyline, and when she kidnapped Maria's baby. When she had to give the baby back to Maria, I was literally in tears for her.

It's when they do stuff like Phantom of the Erica or Showgirl Erica where Lucci can be cringe-worthy.

I don't think she is. Most people regard her as an average actress, maybe slightly above actress, but certainly not one of the greats, acting-wise. I've never heard her name mentioned in the same sentence as Beverlee McKinsey, Victoria Wyndham, Susan Flannery, Elizabeth Hubbard, or Maura West.

What she is regarded as is a Soap Opera Icon and Daytime Legend, which she is.

• Members

VI was indeed amazing in the basement scenes, but I think this 9-minute scene, commercial-to-commercial, of David and Anna painfully starting to come to terms with their infant daughter's death, was his best work ever. As in '99, VI didn't even receive an Emmy nomination, so when he won in '08 for me it was the equivalent of Paul Newman winning the Best Actor Oscar for The Color Of Money, after losing many times for much better performances!

• Members

That scene where David tells Erica about his father's suicide... VI is very strong, but the dialogue is awful. David sounds like a novel, not a man speaking. "Then her expression changed, from one of cold beration to fear..." No human being speaks that way. It takes me out of the scene, even though he nails it emotionally. (Also, I love the cuts to Vanessa hearing him narrate this story.)

Archived