All: Single Scenes You Think Should Have Won An Actor/Actress an Emmy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then give her a Lifetime Achievement award and call it a day. OR she should have placed her name in SUPPORTING that year, as she was a glorified extra for all of 2007 until the last month and a half or so. Had she won in 2010 (for her work in 2009) then I may have felt it would have been deserved. BUT NO WAY did she deserve it in '08.

Oh and yes, I misspoke in my original post- her win was in 2008. Editing to reflect that! :)

• Members

I'll field this one also.

And the NOMINEES for OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS are:

Robin Christopher, General Hospital

Crystal Chappell, Guiding Light

Ilene Kristen, One Life To Live

Heather Tom, One Life To Live

Jeanne Cooper, The Young and the Restless

and

Natalia Livingston, General Hospital

And the WINNER IS...........

natalialivingston-tylerchristopher-emmys2005-nc-thumb.jpg

• Members

AMEN Juniorz! Natalia did not deserve that. Robin Christopher was continually ignored. :(

However, I'd take a ridiculous win for Jeanne over one for LW anyday. Jeanne is a good actress, and even when not used, is way better than whatever it is Laura Wright considers..acting.

• Members

Exactly. It should have been a battle between Robin and Heather that year. Given, I think Natalia DID have a pretty strong reel but NL on her best day can't even touch any of those other 5 actresses on their worst, ESPECIALY Robin & Heather.

That was 2 years in a row that Robin was robbed by less deserving GH costars- Vanessa and Natalia, though I do think Vanessa's win was far more deserved than Natalia's.

Was Robin a bitch on the GH set or something? Perhaps not well liked somce she was the last FOJ standing? She did follow JFP from OLTL to GH after all....

• Members

Y&R in the fall of 1991, during Nikki's substance abuse storyline, there was a scene of Nikki getting dressed and her hands were shaking when she was applying her makeup. Melody Thomas Scott didn't even get nominated for lead actress in 1992, and she had the bad luck to score her first and so far only Emmy nomination the year that Susan Lucci won.

• Members

The majority of Y&R's major actresses (Julianna McCarthy, MTS, Heather Tom, Sharon Case, Vicky Rowell, Tricia Cast, Beth Maitland, Tracy Bregman, Alex Donnelly, Eileen Davidson, Tonya Lee Williams) each should have at LEAST one Lead Actress Emmy each in addition to Jess & Jeanne's wins.

Ashley Bashioum, Lauren Woodland & Lyndsy Fonseca should have Younger Lead Actress Emmy's too.

Debbi Morgan deserved one for the train station scenes.

Tamara Tunie deserved one for the Marshall in court scenes.

• Members

As for Jeanne's win, it WAS a weak year in that category in 2008. I felt Maura should have repeated, but I can't quite remember what she submitted that year. I don't think 2007 was the year Carly was "dying" was it? Or maybe it was....

Nicole Forrester didn't deserve it. The Stafford was truly doin the giggly thing in 2007 FOR SURE! I think Crystal Chappell was the favorite but I can't remember what she submitted either. Regardless, it was a weak year for that category so I guess that's how Cooper broke through.

Ok, that was a little harsh IMO. What are you, some kind of rival of hers? Seems like a rather odd thing to see.

Either way, wrong thread- take it to the DTS: Love/Hate section, k?

Buh bye EastMA2 and so long! B)

• Members

Well Heather Tom never submitted in lead, so that's why she hasn't got one. I don't think Tricia Cast and Beth Maitland were ever truly leads- just my opinion. I also don't think Tracey Bregman is that great, certainly not strong enough to have a Lead Actress win. In fact, the only time she was really lead was during the Sheila storyline and she was FAR outshone by Kimberlin Brown, who you failed to mention and certainly should have a Lead Actress win by now, let alone Supporting. TLW if she had the guts to go lead during the Keisha storyline I think would have had a real shot if she submitted right.

Julianna, MTS, ED, and of course Alex Donnelly I agree with you 100% on.

I'm sorry but of your Younger Actress picks, I can only see Ashley actually deserving it. Lauren Woodland was a vortex of boring, save her first year or so, and Fonseca, while good, always seemed kind of green in her early days. To be honest, I ended up preferring Adrianne Leon as Colleen.

Tunie & Morgan for sure, though even in the Marshall storyline, I'd consider Tunie Supporting on ATWT. I was actually disappointed that she didn't return for the end of ATWT, as she worked a fair amount during the first half of Goutman's tenure and certainly was a major character before then as well.

• Members

Never. Gets. Old.

"I don't care about your cat I only care about Shawn tell me where you saw him why hasn't he called me is he alright?" :lol:

Those hand gestures? AH-MAY-ZING!

Oh I'm pretty sure she wasn't, which is what disappointed me. I also felt she got a raw deal on the "Ladies on a Bus" ATWT 50th Anniversary episode- she had been there longer than Dolan, no? She wasn't on recurring at that point yet was she?

Archived