All: Single Scenes You Think Should Have Won An Actor/Actress an Emmy

• Members

That sounds infuriating. You know on a soap these people are pulling out all the stops for material like that expecting it to be their one and only take and to be told they have to do it again when there were probably several times along the years they would have appreciated a second take and didn't get it. <_<

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH: Jason Tells Monica Emily is Dead (Leslie Charleson)...Fast forward to 5:10

This scene moves me to tears every time. When Monica says "Who Jason? Who? They're all dead!" I bawl everytime. "You are all I have left and I don't WANT YOU!" "You are not my son!" Just pure gold on Leslie's part.

• Members

Yeah there was too much focus on Jason and how wounded HE was, but the acting on Leslie's part was powerhouse. Here's another scene from around that time.

From about 1:50 to around 4:35. I think had Leslie submitted some of these scenes as a reel, she could have nabbed a Supporting Actress nom.

• Members

I've posted these scenes a dozen times, but that's what the thread is for, after all!

Christine Tudor as Gwyn Alden. How did she not even get a nomination? The performance of a career, and one that enthralled me as I sat and watched when these episodes first aired. Superb. She has that despair and that wailing, really getting into the performance, without seeming actor-y or self-conscious. My favorite lines, "I took the armor off my heart...and I let hope come in," and, "I can't bear to see your pain, Stacey!" And when she calls Tess, "That...thing."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdqp4lNK6gU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uagg6ZVqDM8&feature=related

• Members

My favorite line from that is when Erica says.. "And St. Maria of Wildwind, tending to the sick in her push-up bra!" :lol::wub: Made of win!!!

Kylie, loved, loved, loved that scene with AMC's David as well. It was perfectly written and acted!

Archived