All: Single Scenes You Think Should Have Won An Actor/Actress an Emmy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW! Thank you for posting that!

That's from 1991- Conboy was EP and the Dobsons had recently been reinstated as Head Writers. Sophia is in the coma because Eden had shot her (from the split personality resulting from the Lionel/Sophia affair, adding much subtext to the dialogue spoken). It was just revealed that Lionel isn't really Warren's father.

That scene and Louise's performance both were simply DIVINE. I had long forgotten about it.

Again, thanks for posting, as it fills a gap in my writing on RTSB. I DEFINITELY plan to use that clip as a flashback so thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

• Members

And yes, she should have won Emmys in 95 and 96 for these performances.

(Same thing- had to EDIT and make the first one a link, since it's a "Do Not Embed" Video)

Carly's Early Scenes

Worth adding, if only to prove that Shawn Christian could act once upon a time and that Maura brought out the best in even the weakest of her costars.

• Members

That was great, and she was a little cuckoo Vivian, no?

Who is the brunette in the scene with Wagner?? She is sporting some crazy bone structure, very striking like a He-Man/She-Ra character.

• Members

She got a decent performance out of Austin Peck. That alone should make her emmy worthy. I hesitate to say her name in the same breath as McKinsey's but only because McKinsey is a legend. Not just a soap "icon" like LaLucci, but truly an acting genius.

Carly tells Brad:

Carly tells Jack she's dying (pt. 1)

Carly tells Jack, pt 2

• Members

That's Cassandra/Cassie Benedict, foster child of the Capwells, illegitimate daughter of Minx Lockridge, lover to Mason and Warren (who turned out not to be Lionel's son as mentioned in the clip)--all revisionist history I could never care about, and despite the efforts, I never could warm up to Cassie. She was never as interesting and complicated as some of the 'vixens' I've seen elsewhere, eg. Blake on GL.

Not just fired, but fired over a repulsive storyline (Augusta falling for her sister's rapist). I was upset they made Julia yet another soap rape victim, but the Augusta twist just took the cake.

• Members

Augusta, but I digress! :lol:

The brunette in the scene with Wagner is Cassandra Benedict, played by Karen Moncrief. Moncrief also played Gabrielle Pascal on DAYS, an interloper between Kim & Shane in the late 80s.

I still don't buy that they were actually going to have Augusta fall for Dash. It wasn't known for sure whether Dash had actually raped Julia at the time (well, the viewers knew because this is JULIA we're talkin about) so I believe that Augusta was flirting with Dash in the hopes of coaxing the truth out of him. I think Louise may have jumped the gun on this one- I just can't see them honestly having Augusta fall for Julia's rapist and I don't think that's where they were actually going with it, however it may have been seen by Sorel and others.

• Members

About the Maura West comments, I agree that she is a daytime legend. In fact, I don't even hesitate to give her the title of the best actress in daytime. As heartbroken as I am that Y&R has let her go, I could see her excelling in primetime and maybe even movies. The woman has a talent that you don't see very often.

Archived