SOD: Corday Interview

• Members

Its much different this time, the industry has been shocked with the AMC/OLTL cancelations. Corday already proven his

seriousness to make changes with the miraculous way he got NBC to renew DAYS with the tight budget, there is no doubt

he will make these changes he is announcing, whether anyone will like the changes, thats another story. Corday has no

choice, what he has been producing has been getting lower and lower ratings staying on the same path would result in

cancelation so why do you think we can't believe him?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I applaud Corday for admitting letting the show get off track so badly! Kudo's to him! Man I am so cautiously optimistic about DAYS in September...I'll be looking forward to the new, "reset" DAYS.

UGH @ him saying Jen/Dan need a "third party" (obviously Jack). Um no what it needs is to be broken up & set up for Daniels exit just in time for Jacks return!!

LOL @ him saying Lexie & Abe not having a story is "somewhat embarrasing". What an understatement. It's TERRIBLY embarasing and also criminal! I don't care much about Abe but I ADORE Lexie and would love if she finally got some story!! We'll just have to see!

Glad to read Will's gay story will continue & not be nixed! It seems Corday didn't like how Dena was handling it, I like that he said it's going to be tweaked and happen more slowly.

Please NO to Austin and Carrie returning! I hope to see John, Marlena, Belle, Shawn, and Lucas return :). JUST READ that Jarlena is returning!! YAY! UNPOPULAR OPINION: I hope Mimi comes back, to. Loved her. :)

Hopefully not. I love Chloe and Melanie both. They're great!

• Members

I know it's a total joke because there have been 2,800 PLANS TO SAVE DAYS in the past ten years, but it always does recharge the show for a little while, at least. And Corday is rarely lying -- usually they start down the right path, then it all takes a flying leap off the Salem Pier. But if nothing else, the "reset" is always fun and exciting.

I'm probably rare in that I'll watch no matter who is or who isn't on, as long as there are enough people on and enough of the vibe that it feels like Days of Our Lives to me. And honestly, it has felt like it to me from 2009-present. But there have been no stories for the past few months, and everything feels stale and directionless, so I'm all for refreshing it up.

I'm just worried that with Jack/Jen, Bo/Hope, John/Marlena, and Sami/Rafe, it's going to be a show full of 'unbreakable' couples with a bunch of forced triangles and crap.

• Members

The amazing thing about Ken Corday is how earnest he still sounds after giving this interview for the eightieth time.

I actually believe he's genuine, too. He just doesn't get it. He means well, he just has no self-awareness about how many times this has happened to his show by his own choices.

I think it's right to bring back Jack and even Marlena and John for stints, among others. I personally would rotate the DHs on and off the show in periods, per storyline. I would not be opposed to Maura West being a NuKristen, though I think she'd be smarter for her career to stay off this flaky, flaky show. But characters like Daniel, the Hernandii, etc. have absolutely no purpose. Crystal Chappell and Louise Sorel, as lame as their characters' returns were, still have talent and potential (though Chappell really frightens me these days in a boozy Kirstie Alley sort of way). And I have no idea what the [!@#$%^&*] is up with EJ or Sami anymore. I have no faith in Corday or his latest Chosen People to not once again [!@#$%^&*] the golden goose. They never even realize they're doing it.

• Members

I'm surprised he even mentioned Lexie/Abe, although at least he did address that, whereas the last year of ATWT all but had up a "whites only" sign and no one seemed to care. I hope they do find something for Lexie.

• Members

I'm sorry but Abe needs to die, then Lexie needs to go through an intense grieving phase then increasingly start turning into a bitchy, spitfire DiMera again!!

If not that, age Theo and explore the autism story again! That would bring so much potential story for Abe/Lexie. Theo's autism could cause so much conflict.

• Members

5 or 6 are leaving and 5 or 6 are returning....

Gone

Carly

Vivian (devistated)

?

?

?

?

Returning

John

Marlena

Jack

*Billie? what is a Bo hope Storyline w/o Billie?

*Bill Horton-marlena or kate need to paired with him

*Shawn and Belle (corday wants more bradys and i know he's not ready to ever bring back Shane and KIm)

I pray to god Corday can steal Elieen Davidson back when her contract is up...he better be looking...she is the only Kristen in my opinion.

• Members

What is Eileen Davidson's status on Y&R? Any chance at all of her coming back to DAYS? Eileen Davidson back to DAYS would be even better for me than John and Marlena returning. I loved Kristen and Eileen's take on that character. She is one of my alltime DAYS favorite actresses. I know she is at Y&R, but I can dream.

• Members

They are not going to bring Carrie back and that actress who played her is awful; she could barely eek out the words through her capped teeth; she sounded like Jeanne Cooper who's trying to keep her falsies in her gums!

I think they will bring back Marlena without John. She's more viable as a single character. I think they will bring back Shawn but not with jason cook. I think they will hire someone from OLTL for the role. And possibly Belle.

They are not going to give these older wax figures prominent storylines (i.e. Roman, Abe). I think Kate will be phased out now that Lucas is gone and good riddence..LK drives me nuts. I think they will bring back the actor who played Bill Horton for the funeral.

I also think......drum roll...that Allison Sweeney will leave the show. I have felt that since they brought Tamara Braun on. I think they are phasing Sami out. Or she wants to move on.

• Members

AGREED!! Christie Clark is AWFUL and I couldn't stand Carrie. Stay out of Salem!

Marlena & John BOTH are coming back :)

Doesn't matter to me who plays Shawn, though I slightly want Jason Cook back more! He's useless & underused over on GH.

As much as Sami grates my nerves most of the time these DAYS, if Alison Sweeney leaves I will be shocked and saddened! I hope she stays and the show etches Sami out of trying to be the next Marlena!

Archived