Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He plays Grayson on Drop Dead Diva and the handful of episodes I have seen of that show ruined him for me. I've also seen him in the Lifetime movie Living Proof where in a few brief scenes he met Regina King's character on a blind date, fell in love and proposed to her, and ultimately married her when she got over her breast cancer fears. Another half hour of that movie and they could have had kids and grandchildren.

If Mellie is not having Fitz's baby then the twist I can see is that she was pregnant at the time she fabricated the story for the press. They could make it Billy's baby or have it turn out that the guy with whom she worked on the Literacy Campaign with the toe sucking fetish was really having an affair with her.

So they said that KW and Joshua Malina have chemistry.....I don't see it but it seems she ruined a perfectly good friendly adversary relationship to save Colombus Short's work buddy.

• Members

I actually think it's his baby too. He just seems way to disinterested in her and even the baby. Her character is probably the one who should be the most sympathetic because she sacrificed for him and he can barely stand her. She is annoying though. But the fact that a woman stays married to a man who loves another woman just to save his political career is sad and probably happens way too often.

• Members

I think that it is Fitz's baby and they did it the regular way. I just think that he gritted his teeth, closed his eyes, and thought of Olivia when he did America's sex act.

Good point. Abby was quite flustered after watching the tape four times. smile.png

• Members

I love how everything about the show changes when Fitz and Livvie have a scene together. Not only does the conversation becomes slower (Shonda has said she does that on purpose) it's filled with these wonderful moments of silence that just ups the sense of longing. There's also this sweet romantic music and the lighting changes. It's like they exist in a completely separate reality. They're a classically tragic couple.

• Members

This first episode of the second season was okay.

BUT

For starters, I think it's a bit distracting and annoying to have to view this show and have to constantly wonder, "What?" "What did they say?"

In season one, the fast dialogue wasn't bad. It was new. It was kinda sexy. I kinda got used to it. But now with so many things going on in this show. The last thing you need is to constantly be figuring out what they are saying.

Thank goodness for reviews and recaps. I read all those first before I watch the show. This way I can understand things better.

Don't get me wrong. I like the suspends. But they don't have to make it any more complicated than it has to be. It's a turn off. I personally, don't like to be confused.

Okay, moving on.

Loved Mellie. I felt bad for her. I just don't get how a woman that highly educated would continue to be in that marriage. I'd understand if she has Hillary Clinton ambitions. Maybe that's it. But other than that, I would get me a seperate bedroom for the next two or three more years while Fitz is in office and then get a divorce and find myself another man.

I didn't like the whole Quinn thing. I just hope the whole story will tie in nicely down the road. But I thought it was lame.

~Milo

• Members

I'm late to the party, as usual, but I finished Season 1. A few thoughts: Stephen, Abby and Harrison have next to nothing to do; would be nice to see them expand on that, although I do understand that this season only had 7 episodes. The Amanda Tanner story was great; full of great twists (her pregnancy, kidnapping and death) and cliffhangers that didn't let me stop watching for a bit. I loved how it ended up being Billy who was behind everything and it made perfect sense. Really loved the flashback episode (it was such a great surprise) and the last episode was great as well. Who knew that Cyrus was gay and a murderer? lol That was a nice little twist. Quinn, I could take or leave. What happened to Gideon was horrific but I'm not sure it was warranted that Quinn's real identity is the focus of the Season 1 cliffhanger. But the best part of the whole thing, Olivia and Fitz. Man, I don't think you see chemistry and longing like this very often. Their scenes are definite highlights; from the reveal that they're in love in episode 1, to the hand-touching to the shocking moment where he shows up at her apartment.... TV just doesn't do romance like this anymore (possibly some fear of appearing cheesy) but it's done here and it's wonderfully tragic. They also have this cue that they play a lot of times, especially during their scenes. I think my favorite one was in her apartment, where they decided to give themselves one minute to enjoy each other... they just sat down and hugged. For a minute. And that's it. That was heartbreaking. Oh, and Mellie is freaking amazing! Classic bitch that you can sympathize with, considering her circumstances.

• Members

YRBB - I agree they don't do tv romance as good as what they did with Fitz/Liv last season. That was original.

Now back to the first episode of season two.

I thought the whole baby gender announcement was as boring as Fitz thought it was.

I watched the Olivia/Cyrus meeting in the park a few times now and I realize that Olivia is the one who must of plan that whole interview. I didn't realize that before. She kept telling Cyrus to be nice to Kimberly. She set that up. Did anyone get that?

And Fitz must have known about Olivia's involvement when he called her to ask if she saw the interview. Giving Fitz any excuse to call her.

~Milo

Archived