Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alright!

You got me thinking Ann.

So Cyrus had Amanda killed to protect a "Scandal" with the president. Okay!!!

And now Charlie is going after Billy as a favor to Huck.

Boy, Charlie is very busy.

I think Billy Chambers went thru so much trouble for nothing. He is clearly insane. Mellie would have been waaaaay more calculating and sophisticated if she wanted to create a scandal.

So was Amanda really pregnant? Or were those pregnancy test done with somebody elses urine?

I mean was Billy so insane to get her pregnant just for this scam?

*******************************************************************************************************

Speaking of Billy and Amanda, how did they know that Fitz likes to say "Sweet Baby"? Did Fitz really utter those words to Amanda? When Olivia asked Fitz about it, he didn't give her an answer.

OR

Was he imagining that Amanda was Olivia during their little one night stand and just uttered those words accidentaly?

~Milo

• Members

I agree. Scandal does have that soap element.

I like that there are several continuous storylines on this show and there are characters that I have just fallen in love with.

Olivia and Fitz what chem!!

This guy Goldwyn. Who would ever believe.

I took one look at him in the opening episode and said, "Oh boy, here comes trouble."

I am thinking he is going to play a bad guy that I don't like. And instantly you begin to see that he is a man in love. I mean that has come clear thru to any one who watches the show. Over and over again......folks get it. It's incridible that he could do that so easy and so obviously.

Personally, I like just about all the characters.

I am really going to miss Stephen as Olivia's confidant.

Mellie is great. Someone with lots of flavors. Some hidden that we know nothing about. But she knows how to bring it.

And Cyrus. I love those long, long lectures Cyrus gives to the President. Those fast rapid five pages. Oh, I gotta find that one where he goes on about how he could go on Oprah but she is off the air now. HA!!!

I love them all.

But have we gotten to the BIG question yet.

Who is Quinn Perkins?

~Milo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Finally got around to watching the first episode. It was a pleasant surprise; fast moving but not frenetic, some nice twists (sexy Sully St. James turning out to be gay, Olivia and Fitz are in love). I was also very pleasantly surprised to see Henry Ian Cusick on the cast--such a marvelous actor. I loved the Julianne Moore look-alike and the feelings she has for Stephen, and Quinn wasn't bad. Columbus Short is a cutie but we need to see more of him than just "gladiators!" laugh.png I'll stick with this, especially because I'm interested in seeing where this thing with Amanda goes (so great to see Liza Weil again!!!)

• Members

Scandal just finished out here on the west coast. I haven't watched it yet. I'd rather run thru it without the commercials and perhaps see it again.

I have been reading all the spoilers.

I already think that the whole Quinn thing is lame. I knew it wasn't going to live up to the hype. But let me not get ahead of myself until I see it.

I sure hope the Fitz/Livi scenes are better.

What say you guys?

When I watch it, I will come and dissect.

~Milo

• Members

The quinn think took a fantastic twist. Nobody cares about quinn - and that is ok now because this story isnt about quinn. sure its centered around who she is, but it is now much more about Olivia and even Huck, who are the two most interesting people on the show and I am glad to see more scenes of them together.

The case of the week was good, esp how it played up to Olivia about her relationship with Fitz.

• Members

I saw the plot twist coming down the road when the point was made about how a loss would damage Olivia. It was obvious then that she wasn't going to lose and it was obvious that she knew about how Dwyer/Quinn's new identity. The fact that she had her on the team alluded to that.

I loved Cyrus telling Fitz that his plan was Olivia's plan.

After last season, I read some online complaints about Olivia losing to Mellie. I didn't see it that way because she made the decision to walk away and she's clearly the one with the hold over Fitz. Great, Mellie acknowledged Olivia's significance to Fitz yesterday. Mellie borders on being sympathetic because she seems to want to be more to her husband than she is. Political pregnancy is distasteful to me.

They do a great job with the Fitz and Olivia connection though. The whole phone call thing is a powerful romantic tool in the world of love where holding the receiver and saying nothing speaks volumes. Even if you don't like the two of them together, the story itself is a good one.

• Members

I think that Mellie is a great character. I felt for her in the scene where Fitz heartlessly ripped her apart. She deserved it, but damn, it was hard to watch. It is not that he just does not love her, he also has no respect or use for her. Getting her pregnant must have been hell for him. She was obviously deeply hurt by his words, but she sucked it up and played the" baby is kicking" card. I don't care how ambitious she is, I do not know how she stays married to him.

Archived