Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Members

I like about 80 percent of what Olivia wears (and I loved her pajamas in the episode) but she wears so much white. I can't imagine how they keep those things looking so clean and crisp especially given all the makeup Olivia/KW wears. I'm a little less enamored with Liv's apartment. It seems washed out to me although I can tell they are going for classic. I find the way they style her interesting because in most cases when dealing with a minority woman you see stylists default to darker, richer more "exotic" colors.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am still looking around at the bedroom. What I can see of it. I love, love the headboard and the lamps.

Love the silk pjs but I agree.......too much white. Me, I like a lot of black. I am surpriced that the headboard is not white.

I like it when Olivia wears gray and some soft colors. But white and off white I am not fond off. Winter in DC deserves some black.

Another thing I loved is the phone ringer. I used to have a phone with that ringer. It was nice. I miss it. I could hardly hear it. It was so soft.

Although I like white beddings, I was not too crazy about the blue trimmings around the sheets and the sham. I go for all white sheets sets.

Wait a minute!!

My mind is all over the place people.

Why was Quinn sleeping on the sofa? Doesn't Olivia have a guest room? Didn't Amanda Tanner sleep in a guest room? She was not around when Stephen came by that night and Liv showed him the pregnancy strips.

~Milo

• Members

Other than her coats, I am not a big fan of Olivia's wardrobe, but I like that she wears pants all the time. They are far more practical than skirts. I much prefer Julianna Margulies' wardrobe on The Good Wife. It is classic, but stylish with bold colors.

I don't like Olivia's bedroom because I don't like padded headboards or flowered curtains. I am also not a fan of the muted colors in her apartment. This could be deliberate decision by TPTB though.

• Members

There is such a high premium placed on money that it generally seems like the easiest way to "fix" a problem. Maybe the woman was supposed to be angry at the wife for having everything she wanted/didn't have.

I do understand what you're saying about the parallels but I don't think Olivia is the "let's dish or commiserate" type. Even if she were, I don't think this is the type of woman with whom she'd want to chat about what it's like to be the other woman. Most significantly, Olivia is not in a position to give herself away and don't you think having that kind of conversation would scream "I am the Other Woman" too? As odd as it is, I don't think Olivia is second banana to Mellie. She may not be the wife but she is The Woman which is so much more of a threat to the wife than simply being the mistress. With the mistress you know he can stop because he can always find another body to play along. When his heart belongs to someone else, the wife becomes totally insignificant.

If I didn't like the way this story is written, I wouldn't even bother with this because Lifetime helped me stop watching movies where the wife is demonized or the culprit. They're okay when the wife was scheming and conniving all along but when the husband drives the wife to insecurity or I can see the other woman is a schemer and the wife is made to look terrible to support the infidelity, I turn it off. I don't want to subconsciously condone infidelity by blaming the wife when the husband should have the decency to be honest and leave if he needs to. This kind of story makes it politically necessary to maintain the facade and the wife is fully aware of the whole thing. It doesn't make it any less wrong but it makes the story interesting.

It doesn't matter to me whether Fitz and Olivia end up together or the show ends with the end of their relationship as long as it is consistent with how their story has been written so far.

Soaps played an integral part in helping me over the Happily Ever After endings. Once I saw good couples wrecked for much worse pairings or for no other reason than the massive ego of a soap writer, the stars left my innocent eyes.

However, there was one television couple for which I secretly rooted on Numb3rs no less. I usually don't care much about romance on crime shows because tension is better and does not wreck the show, but I loved Don and Robin and the show ended with him proposing and her accepting. So I got my perfection and I may not have liked the overall ending of the show but that one portion of it worked for me.

• Members

Yes, I think Anna, the mistress was angry. She wanted to have more time with the pastor. Then it got to be that what she really wanted was to say goodbye. And the money. Six million dollar hush money. Greedy!!!

I thought it was a pretty good storyline.

*************************************************************************************

Phone Conversation

I liked it when Olivia said, "Fine. Except my married ex-boyfriend keeps calling me."

~Milo

• Members

Ann - Like padded headboards but no flower curtains for me. I didn't notice the curtains. Gotta look at that.

I don't watch "Good Wife". But I have noticed some of her wardrobe. Love the bold colors. I thought I saw her in red. A red coat. That looked good.

I like red, purple and black. Not all at once of course.

I like most of Olivia's wardrobe. They just need to kick it up a notch.

And the apartment needs some work. A little more color.

~Milo

• Members

It's funny how I can so detail oriented about writing and editing and not notice fashion unless it's hideous in some way. All I recall about Olivia's place is that I wasn't impressed and whatever Fitz said about it made me think eh at the time. I also recall that I liked the dress she wore where Mellie wanted her to make Fitz happy so he could sleep.

• Members

I hate it too when a show just starts and they are already taking breaks. Jeez! Can't the network put it on another night?

I do love the Olivia and Fitz story. And like you I do hope they get to sleep together again. They better. The promo for now look good.

Is talking about promos considered spoilers? I don't want to say anything just in case.

~Milo

• Members

It's not really a network break. All the networks are covering the Vice-Presidential debate which happens to be scheduled for Thursday. I kind of wish it was tonight and out of the way so there is less time to hear a bunch of speculations. It's as bad as sports where they talk about a game a week before it happens--two weeks if it's the Super Bowl, then it comes and goes and there's post-analysis.

• Members

When CBS does it, they're repeats except when they burn off episodes of cancelled shows.

I love football but not the hype. I don't mind some post-game hype when a team I want to win actually wins.

The only room they showed Amanda in was the living room so it's unclear whether she has another room. In the episode in which Stephen came over because Olivia was panicking over the pregnancy tests, it was night making it dark in that room and they went straight into the kitchen. They shot it at an angle to avoid showing anything but the front door and the kitchen entrance.

Archived