Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree with this. Olivia is clearly number one in Fitz's life. She is first in his heart and she is his most trusted political adviser. This leaves Mellie on the sidelines with no direct way into his life. She is so power hungry that she gets desperate which makes her play those dangerous games and attempt to manipulate Fitz which has made him dislike her even more.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Deodorant Scene

I don't know about you all but I don't like sharing my deodorant.unsure.png

And if I have too, I would at least wipe off the top a bit before using.

And I certainly would not be sharing it with more than one person.

I am surprised that Olivia doesn't have her own wash room and if she does, she should have her own toiletries. The others should have their own too since they know they work late hours. If they have a change of clothes, they should have deodorant. I have stuff at my desk and I don't even have the kind of job they do.

~Milo

• Members

***********************************************SPOILER ALERT****************************************************

***********************************************SPOILER ALERT****************************************************

It's going to be SCANDALOUS!!!

A whistle blower sneaks into Liv's truck. He is the one who tells Olivia about the phone conversations not being secure.

There are sneak peaks around. Promo clips.

Another with Cyrus telling the president that he is about to pop.

I think Cy sets up the meeting in the woods between Olivia and Fitz. He goes to his meetings with Olivia and brings Fitz.

Cy you devil.

~Milo

• Members

I thought that was going to be a link to that deodorant scene but that was one of those things that I meant to mention before. The whole idea of passing it around and then smelling it. That's one of those things you can easily do as a kid without giving it any thought though like passing a cup of soda around.

• Members

FItz and Olivia bring the hotness. They have some amazing chemistry. They are the hottest tv couple at the moment. I loved the looks they were exchanging even as they were trying to stay angry at each other when he was putting on her shoes. It is such an intimate thing to do too. It is the kind of thing that lovers do for each other. As furious as he was at her, by putting on her shoes, he was showing how much he loved her. Then, there was his jealous accusation, her reaction, the kiss, and pushing her up on that tree. He looked so anguished when she lied and said that she was not his and it was over. Wow, talk about intense.

Yet, Fitz is seriously one of the biggest assholes on tv. His coldness towards Mellie is crushing. Once Olivia, rejects him he drops the facade of tolerating Mellie and gives her ice cold shoulder. Damn. I don't know how Mellie puts up with that life. I usually like her, but her outburst at him was weak and full of false bravado. She comes off as if she still loves him, while he is dismissive of her.

So Cyrus is spying on Fitz. Cyrus needs a life.

Those Secret Service guys are weak.

Huck is the only smart one in that office, waiting for Olivia at her car.

David and Abby have absolutely no chemistry.

The previews for next week look good.

• Members

I didn't see that ending coming. David clearly wants to manipulate Abby but maybe they'll throw some feelings in there. At least it puts an end to any speculation that something might transpire between David and Olivia.

Brenda Song's character is great.

I loved Quinn setting Abby straight and Harrison's reaction. His smile is.....

'Did not see anything dynamic between Olivia and her ex. I find it hard to buy that they were together for four years and engaged. Maybe it was just one of those comfortable relationships without sparks. His showing up at her office suggesting he was her client seemed uninteresting.

It was kind of obvious that Mellie was going to mistake Fitz's presence in that baby folding scene for a reconnection. Their jealousy parallels each other. He wants to get rid of Olivia's ex and she wants to get rid of Olivia. The Secret Service agents can't control their blinking...that scene was way too easy.

I didn't get the reference to the miscarriage since I thought that was fake and this pregnancy seems to be real so why would she even mention it?

The case of the week was a little off or maybe it just feels incomplete. The guy was clearly familiar with Olivia and knew he could use her to get what he wanted but if he didn't know how to decrypt then how did he know to use the secured lines as a means of getting her attention? Also, he had an accomplice who drove the car yet no mention. It seemed like a very loose end.

• Members

I thought Olivia and her ex didn't have even a tiny spark. Her reaction to him was pretty flat, especially compared to the intensity of her reaction whenever she even just thinks of Fitz. Olivia seemed pretty much done with him and was not responding to his flirting.

I like David's assistant far more than I like Abby or Quinn. Quinn's put down of Abby was so flat. I bet Alissa could have done a million times better in that scene.

Also, it seems like we are supposed to view Mellie as someone in the Hilary Clinton mold, but I don't see that all.

I agree. It is obvious that Fitz can easily destroy Mellie by revealing that she lied about the miscarriage. This gives him leverage to push Mellie out of his personal life and make her keep quiet about his relationship with Olivia. I think by having Fitz not go there giving Mellie the upper hand is SR's way of selling Fitz as trapped in that marriage unable to see Olivia.

• Members

It worked for me but maybe Harrison's "I''m Quinn-B" made that scene. Brenda Song had a similar line that I found funny but I can't recall it. Then there was the one about Jane being a hypochondriac and a bit of a racist and hearing "SARS" when she says "cold." Huck and especially Harrison being protective towards Quinn makes her more tolerable. Abby just seems super catty at this point and apparently desperate for male company since David isn't even in the neighborhood of getting so drunk you had no idea. Maybe I just don't see the appeal of Joshua Malina.

I'm pretty sure all of Fitz's yelling would have kept me in that car but people apparently find that sexy and appealing. I know he was jealous blah blah and even though she temporarily gave in before her whole "I'm not yours" declaration, I would have preferred her to put a halt to him up front. So the Fitz/Olivia shippers got their mini fix. And the it's over but it's not beat goes on.....Everyone can now hate Mellie for being the bad guy coming between the star-crossed.

If Olivia still had a confidant, her mistake would have been explained as being made because of the fear of the actual scandal of which she's at the heart. I find it hard to believe that neither Abby or Quinn is perceptive enough to pick up on that but that David might actually do it.

• Members

Alyssa said, "bitches be crazy" which totally cracked me up.

I would not describe Fitz as "sexy or appealing" in the moment that he was yelling at Olivia to get out the car, but in the context of their relationship and that in their actions that followed, I thought the whole thing was pretty hot.

I don't get the sense that Mellie is hated. She seems to have her share of fans including me. I do not even think that she is the obstacle between the Fitz and Olivia. His presidency is the real villain in the piece if anything is. If Fitz was just a married man, he would have left Mellie for Olivia almost the minute they fell in love. It is because he is the President that he and Olivia are not together right now.

I agree that Olivia needs a confidant. She got sucked in by that guy because she was angry at Fitz and was afraid that their relationship would be revealed. It was her anger at Fitz that also made her fall for Amanda's lie that he was her baby's dad.

• Members

I do not even know where to begin with last nights greatness. A rewatch is a must! But to start off, I love Huck and his relationship with Liv is the most interesting. Abby is just annoying at this point. Finally I didnt hate Quinn in one scene. Millie is a bitch and deserves Fitz coldness. Treegate was fabulous.

• Members

Yes. that's it. She and Harrison provided the humor.

I don't know if it's because I've read too many yearnings of the fangurls living vicariously through them or what but I'm oddly practical about this. I say oddly because I am generally a sucker for romance. They work in the context of the storytelling and the work on that eeeee factor level but I'm not moved to press rewind on them. Right now I'm getting more out of his show of anguish and frustration. I feel as if I could press rewind on his efforts more than the results. Overall, I'm satisfied with the writing which is a really huge deal for me at present. I'm so tired of watching shows where the writing never seems to live up to the potential.

I didn't mean to imply that she is. I do think she could easily become the source of blame for some of those who need a target if they don't get any Fitz/Olivia scenes for a few episodes based on her threat. Then again. based on the season ending agreement, he's not supposed to have any contact with her this season but he has anyway. The show thrives on it.

Archived