May 2-6, 2011

Toups

• Members

Oh ITA with that. You had people years back who cared. I think the network execs and execs of today, those at Disney, Sony think they know better and don't have a clue and meddle more than they should be. BUt then IMO thats a reflection of corporate America and how this generation of execs feel they need to micro manage everything to the nth degree versus letting the experts just do their jobs. I don't claim to know MAB or Paul Raush but I have read that Sony and the showrunners over at Y&R have a pretty rocky relationship. I have also read that Disney had also meddled into the running of the ABC soaps to the point where they have made storyline changes and revisions mandated. Now what do these people know about any of this that the people who are producing and writing these shows don't.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yet the GH's ratings like all the other soaps has consistently declined despite occasional bumps. The overall trend for the soaps is that the ratings steadily decline no matter who is the headwriter.

• Members

That's true, but then I feel like a lot of that is down to the shows being bad for so long, and also being so samey. Back in the 70's and the 80's, and the early to mid 90's, when the soaps were allowed more freedom and were not all so similar and the networks still cared, there were more peaks and valleys. GH would go up and down and up and down - IMO only ABC letting the show become so miserable and so incapable of change in the last 5-6 years has been what has driven viewers away for good.

There's just this complete contempt for the public. You could see that with the way Frons talked about The The and how he basically told viewers they were fat and stupid and they were lucky to get these new shows. I'm sure most executives have contempt for the public but those in the soaps have been the least able to hide it.

• Members

Days got rid of these people due to money so unless they cut half their actors on the show now I don't see how any of these folks could return.

I was watching Days for a few months and honestly the show is boring beyond belief. The paternity reveal was actually pretty climatic but the show moved into the dull zone after that. Maybe they can hire RC from OLTL once they go off the air. From what everyone says at least he can do camp well.

• Members

Corday will wait until OLTL is done taping and hire Ron Carlivati as HW and Frank Valentini as EP with Jean Pissy as co head writer. As the final..The Plan to Save Days. The show wont be renewed and RC and Co. will be fired and Sheri Anderson returns to pen the last few months of the show. What it happen!!

• Members

I think Frons is going to try to keep ME at ABC.

It's funny though, since Easton did get his start at DAYS, as Tanner Scofield (?). They could bring back Shannon Sturges too. Have Frons bankroll it...

• Members

At ABC? Where exactly is Frons going to put ME. GH is dead. Unless he puts him in a reality show.

I thought Cameron Mathison another Fronsonian pet was safe at ABC. I didn't realize his duties at GMA had been given to

someone else

• Members

GH is rumored to be going out Sept 2012 or sooner. I can't see Easton moving to LA or GH bringing him on. I don't think Frons loves anyone that

much. He has a bunch of new shows to worry about. And if anyone would come to GH it would be Buddig before anyone else.

• Members

I guess I was thinking of that whole "What If" thing with Sam and McBain. It kind of made me wonder if they would try to throw them together again.

I think he will try to put Budig on one of The The shows - probably the one about healthy living. Either that or make her a guest panelist on The View.

• Members

It wouldn't be hard, either. DAYS could address Wayne Heffley's passing and kill off Vern, leading to a funeral where Adrienne/Jennifer meet Tanner again. This could also help the mystery of where the hell Jack is with his glaring non-presence.

Archived