OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I think part of the reason for that was because Viki and Joe were now happily married after a decade or more of drama and considered to be OLTL's tentpole couple.  I also think that was why Tina was introduced when she was in 1978 or whenever: Joey had not been conceived yet, as far as I know, and Kevin was not ready to be SORAS'ed, but the Rileys needed a new source of conflict that would not pose too great of a risk to their marriage.  So, enter the teenaged daughter of Viki's former college roommate, who was young and impressionable and an easy mark for criminals such as Marco Dane.  No doubt, if Lee Patterson had not elected to leave when he did, the bulk of Joe and Viki's storylines would have revolved around their continued efforts to keep Tina out of trouble.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh my God.

Kamar had a complicated history on OLTL, but I was absolutely spellbound by him in his first stint on the show. As a somewhat sheltered little white boy he first intimidated me, then broke my heart for Carlotta in their early scenes, then swept me away with the unlikely relationship with Andy that I loved, however mawkish it got; I quickly found him the sexiest man alive.

His second run was a mess for so many different reasons, but I always felt they should've given him a better sendoff than how he was shuffled off-canvas near the end amidst I think a contract dispute. What a tragedy.

My sympathies also to Sherri Saum (Keri), who he has been with for decades.

Edited by Vee

• Members

RIP Kamar 

Please register in order to view this content

As complicated as was his final years on OLTL were, (propping of Antonio's character) I preferred those above the propping the show did with John McBain's character during it's last few years. And of course those fond memories of Antonio's first few years on the show. 

• Members

Was that the bad credit score or credit card debt story? I wasn’t an OLTL viewer but I clearly remember at the end of 2002 there was this widespread anti-OLTL furor going on online while SOD, SPW, and TVG all named the show the worst soap of 2002, and everyone pointing out that story. I loved Sherri on Beach and remember just reading about it sounded like a odd story for any soap to tell when presented as high stakes drama.

• Members

@janea4old@titan1978@Khan  I recommend another nomenclature for characters like Vicky.  She was the “central” character, but not always the leading character.  In other words, the plots were sometimes not told from her perspective, but they often revolved around her, given that the various leads were mostly related to her in some capacity.

To me, this differentiates Vicky from Erica Kane, who was mostly in a leading role for the run of AMC.  And it aligns her more with someone like CC on Santa Barbara, who wasn't always the leading man, but the show was basically his life story.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Watching clips of YouTube around the final few years of the show.

hot take alert: Never a fan of Starr/Cole and honestly preferred Starr/James as they seemed a bit more spicy and exciting, plus I never like couples whose endgame is to be together forever. They never make fun couples. 

• Members

i don’t know if anyone appreciates this or enjoys it coz it’s not in English. But I was able to buy some episodes from 1980 for a lot of money of my favorite soap in mY mother language. It’s so nice to see young Tina.. Asa, Sam etc. 
There are a few missing episodes here and there but overall a great run with even a lot of continuing episodes in a row/even weeks.

I will upload more in the next few days.

I have episode 3087 and 3089 up already.