OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That judge needed to have better control of his courtroom.  First, he allows the defendant to express gratitude and sympathy for a witness to the witness's husband, in front of the jury.  Then, he allows Pat to almost strangle Talbot, also in front of the jury.  Even if Katrina hadn't come forward there was no way Herb Callison was going to win that case.  It is ironic that Herb felt that he should run for a higher office after botching a case against one of the most famous women in town.  I mean Marcia Clark went to work for Entertainment Tonight after loosing the OJ case, she didn't try to run for mayor of LA.

I wonder if Tina ever testified about what Marco did to her?  Also, did Pat just leave and Talbot decided to stick around for the rest of the trial? 

It may be an unfair comparison but, Jacqui Courtney's hysterics were not quite as impactful as Judith Light's performance (I had no idea that performance lasted for more than one episode.  I wonder how they match her level of dishevel-ness from day to day?)

Also, gotta love Edwina, her bun and subsequent pixie cut deserved their own place in OLTL history.

Edited by j swift

• Members

That ad makes me want a Mimi-stan thread, great character.  I adore that they took a typical 70s bimbo type and gave her depth. 

Didn't Mimi have a mother at one time, a kind of pushy gal who wanted Mimi to pursue the golddigger life with Asa?  Did she have any other family come to Llandview?

• Members

Mario died from a heart attack in front of Marco.

Not exactly. She had self esteem problems and she was browsing at a department store. Talbot offered her sex in exchange for the dress. The euphoria elevated spirits and then he started to introduce her to other men. Over time, it became an addiction. Then Marco found out and blackmailed her into being his "Madam". The fitness club, I believe, was a front for a whorehouse.