OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

That's Jan Chasmar as Amy, the orphan.   Here's the caption for the Picture

"When ABC premiered Agnes Nixon’s One Life to Live in 1968, its central heroine Victoria Lord was played by none other than Gillian Spencer (later Daisy Cortlandt on All My Children). Also hanging out in those early days on what looked like a Gilligan’s Island jungle set were Lillian Hayman as Sadie Gray, Justin McDonough as D.A. Bill Kimbrough, Jan Chasmar as little orphan Amy (not her official name, but let’s be real), Antony Ponzini as Vince Wolek, Lynn Benesch as Viki’s sister Meredith and Michael Storm as Dr. Larry Wolek."

@amybrickwallace  @Vee

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

i started re-watching the 2011 OLTL scenes of Rex/Gigi-Stacey/Cutter Storyline and i still love it. Rex and Gigi were one of my ultimate favorite pairings of OLTL with Tina & Cord, Patrick & Marty, Victor Junior (TSJ) and Tea, Brody and Jessica, and John and Natalie.

I think the soap had a lot of great pairings and great love storys.

But John-Paul Lavoisiers acting during the Rex/Gigi-Amnesia and Cutter story was one of the best acting on OLTL in that final year tbh. He is such an underrated actor.

I really felt his pain. I know some people still would've liked a Rex and Adriana comeback and endgame but Gigi and Rex had that spark tbh.

One of my only complain in that story was that one scene where Tina met Gigi and she told Jessica about it while Gigi was standing in front of the house and had to wait while Jessica told Tina that Gigi is dead and that this is impossible. I mean like seriously? My poor girl Tina was done dirty a lot of times when they tried to make her look dizzy and stupid. Why didn't Tina just let her inside of the house or took Jessica straight to the door? I mean i get why but come on.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I LOVED Rex and Gigi from 2007 up through the disastrous Stacy introduction and then they became sanctimonious and JPL and FF were phoning it in. 

The jealous sister trope has been done a thousand times and they somehow failed it, I did enjoy Stacy as a villain and Kim's introduction. 

With that said, Gigi's death and the amnesia storyline brought me back to them and I loved it, especially all the grave scenes, Gigi hiding around town and the eventual wedding. 

This reminds me how much I actually enjoyed those final months of OLTL, they were really on fire and back on track after 2009/2010 were ROUGH

• Members

I loved, loved, loved Gigi early on and them as a supporting B-couple. Frontburner leads, it didn't work. But Farah Fath's dry, bitchy energy was always brilliant opposite people like Erika Slezak, etc. who she clearly had a lot of reverence for (no small feat in FF's world). I am glad they didn't kill her, if only because Jack could never have been redeemed from that. Not in the way it was written and not using Andrew Trischitta as Jack, who was terrible. And yet that was apparently the original plan had they not been cancelled - Gigi would've stayed dead at his hands.

The only thing that worked re: Stacy was Kim. Crystal Hunt's last few days on-air with Clint in "Hell" at the end of the show in 2012 were fun, but I could not stand her alive.

I think there's some terrible [!@#$%^&*] in the last few months tbh - John stuff, Austin Peck and the "Jailbait" video, the Todd story spinning its wheels as they waited to see if they were going to go online. I think the Gigi resurrection story was very, very bad though I was happy with the end result. A lot of the show was bad IMO. The final weeks were great. I think there was a lot of very, very good stuff in '09 despite huge glaring problems, and I think 2010 is a real mess in many ways with some bright spots.