OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Recently, I was watching some clips on YouTube from the mid/late 1990s. You don't hear him mentioned much with the great OLTL actors, but Bob Krimmer as Andrew may have been the greatest unsung actor the show ever had. I think he made it look too easy and that's why he was overlooked. I loved the Andrew/Cassie relationship and hated the way Kevin Buchanan was shoehorned into their relationship. (Of course, I hated the way Laura Bonarrigo Koffman was let go shortly thereafter, but that's another post for another day.) I think the key to Andrew's character was that he was a man first and a minister second. He was flawed, but we could see why he was so loved and trusted by the Llanview populace.

• Members

I agree 100%. Krimmer was powerful as Andrew, especially in the homophobia storyline in 1992. I can still see him holding his brother William’s quilt panel, and the image of the pages of the Bible fluttering in the wind as a homophobic man pummeled Andrew. Such a powerful story, made so poignant by Krimmer’s performance.

• Members

Absolutely. Why he never got an Emmy nomination remains a mystery. Andrew dealt with prejudice, an estranged father and church politics - but none of them quite upended his life like one Marty Saybrooke. She truly was his cross to bear for a few years. Still, after all she did to torpedo his reputation, his ministry and his relationship with Cassie, he never for a moment doubted that Marty had been raped and became one of her biggest champions. THAT'S great writing and Krimmer sold it every time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Question for  1970's viewers @vetsoapfan and @danfling and anyone else that may be able to help.

In 1977 there's a character named Gus MacDonald, a plumber.  He sticks around through at least 1978 per the Artax audios on youtube.  I recall around 1981 or 82 there is a character named Gus that is married to Minna Thompson, Katrina Karr and Karen Wolek's  ex hooker friend.   Did Dan Lauria play both Gus characters, or are they one character, and he appeared straight through?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by slick jones

• Members

People can someone please help me here with memory? 

Who Played Vicki, Cathy Craig and Dorian, all the actresses?

For Vicki I know Gillian and Erika

Dorrie Kavanaugh was Cathy I think

Dorian was played by Nancy Pickerton and Robin Strasser who else?