OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I think from what I have read that this was not written as 'true love' story.

Karen was always presented as wanting more and using Larry to get it. Usually in these types of stories there is a more suitable match for the groom somewhere along the way for the audience to root for. After the marriage Larry and Cathy Craig became involved but Cathy left town.

Really Larry should have learnt not to marry women named Karen...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yep Cathy Leaving was one bad move, one would think she would eventually come back

Yeah aside of some random clips and episodes, I was doing a playlist with everything I could find of OLTL during it's first 25 years if you want I can send you the link but it's nothing extraordinary I still gotta dig further 

• Members

I think Larry and Karen were one of those stories where they became 'the couple' and true love down the line - once all manner of sin and drama and fury had gone down and they had come out different people. Alan and Monica were the same way on GH. But ultimately Larry was clearly never enough for Karen, though I think they were deeply in love in later years. That it never got to be revisited is a shame, IMO.

Edited by Vee

• Members

He had a number of other romances, but the investment wasn't there for long and I don't think anyone really compares to Judith Light.

I had long ago (in the 2000s, anyway) wanted OLTL to do a special episode in tribute of Michael Storm - "24 Hours with Dr. Larry Wolek". You'd follow ol' Larry throughout his day at the hospital, checking out kids' sore throats and what not, since he knows and is trusted by virtually all the families in Llanview, and Viki and others would visit him and give us insight into how important he's always been to the town and these people even on the sidelines. And then you'd see him sleeping in the break room or at his quiet little house with just a picture of Meredith or Karen, or both, leading a somewhat lonely if not unfulfilled life. But the end of the episode, the following day would have a surprise visit, from Doris Belack as Anna (Belack was alive and still quite active at the time), foisting Larry's teenage grandson off on him (Larry and Dan would've been estranged since the Brenda McGillis years) to be part of the teen scene, and that would open a new chapter for the Woleks on the show. Maybe with a visit from Karen at the end of the ep, too, but who knows. Anyway: Dream of dreams.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Storm said that when the character of Laurel died and he had to act grief-stricken on the show, it was difficult to do so, because he was so happy she was gone, LOL. On the other hand, Janice Lynde made a nice comment about Storm on Facebook a few months ago, not indicating that anything had been amiss between the two of them.

From Lynde's comments on Facebook, Rauch was...not her favorite person.