OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I don't doubt this has been litigated many times, especially at the time, but may I ask what specific points about the finale were "more putrid" than needed to be?
I can think of things I disliked and a handful of choices that don't sit well with me but I am curious what people - with the benefit of time having passed and knowing what happened next with some of the characters - feel was done "wrong" in those last few weeks.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Gordon Russell wrote the show into 1980, but left in the spring, as I recall.

Sam Hall, who had been Russell's co-headwriter for a few years, took over the reigns with Peggy O'Shea. 

I preferred the Russell/Hall team, but O'Shea was fine too, and I was satisfied with the show under her and Hall combined. A few years later, when she wrote the show by herself, it was noticeably weaker (but Paul Rauch was producing then, so I was not surprised and did not totally blame O'Shea for OLTL's downwards spiral).

(When O'Shea wrote for Search for Tomorrow, Mary Stuart said she was the best writer that the show had ever had.)

• Members

The etymology totally makes sense, I mean she was off screen quite often, so she needed something to fill the time, she just would have called it the world wide webb

Although just typing the phrase reminds me of the poorly constructed character, Jason Webb, whose defining qualities were his ponytail and motorcycle.  He would be filed next to Ty Moody as cougar-bait without much personality.

• Members

Can't imagine why a producer signalling "Good riddance" about a show that the audience watching loved enough to stick with to the end might have been poorly received by said audience.

I mean, come on. I don't recall that moment and, yes, SB was probably unsalvageable by then but this is classless, even if one agrees with the sentiment.

• Members

Interestingly Robert Milli was in the initial cast of One Life to Live and Love Is A Many Splendored Thing,in both shows playing a doctor named Jim in a budding relationship with a non Caucasian woman. in both cases the story was dropped.

Milli was replaced on OLTL by Nat Polen an  older actor, who was 55 in 1969. Milli was 10 years younger.

Was this done to eradicate any notion that Carla had been involved with Jim, who now presented a more benign fatherly image?