OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I don't know the actor sitting with Wanda, but I think that memorial might have been for Vinnie, not Jim Craig. 

Found the first article in a March 6, 1981, newspaper re Vinnie's death.

Nat Polen died in May 1981.  Found the second article in an August 22, 1981 newspaper.

It appears that Jim Craig's death wasn't commemorated on-screen.  Found the third article in an August 2, 1982, newspaper.

@slick jonesDon't know whether you already have this name, but a real priest, Father George Moore, appeared as the priest for Vinnie's funeral.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A couple of questions following on from those articles posted.

How much longer did Anna remain on the show? Like her husband, Anna just faded away, but do we have a final airdate?

In the synopsis 'Richard and Betty separate'. Who is Betty?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Thanks to everyone for all the information. For years I thought OLTL was set in "Landview" until a scene where Viki and Joe register at an inn, and the hotel register clearly shows "Llanview, Pa." That may have been around the time that Viki had to choose between her two husbands. I was not familiar with the Welsh influence in that part of Pennsylvania.

But then, thanks to the mushy diction of the young actors on Y&R, I thought that show was set in "General City"! Several years later I read something about "Genoa City."

Speaking of Richard and "Betty" (Becky Lee), I thought Jill Voight was an absolute delight and that she and Richard were an adorable couple. JV had a genuine Southern accent of the slightly nasal variety, what linguists call the "Inland South" accent. I liked Mary Gordon Murray well enough as the recast Becky Lee with all the rough edges gone, but Jill Voight was one of a kind.

• Members

When Cassie and Rob first met and their storyline began, which actress (Cusi Cram or Ava Haddad) was playing Cassie?

I really liked Ted Marceaux as Rob.  I like Mark Arnold (Rob #2), but I think that Mr. Marceaux was better.   I have been suprised that his career has not been bigger since leaving One Life to Live.