OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not to make this a Cusi Cram thread, but, one last twist via some internet sleuthing.

As mentioned, the Cram family was well established in map making and other historic businesses.  However, in her parents divorce it was established that Cusi's biological father was actually the Bolivian ambassador to the UN. 

Apparently, this became an issue in the family because Cusi is not mentioned in either John Cram's official (and rather juicy) obituary nor in the NY Times...

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/savannah/name/john-cram-obituary?id=17045568

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yes! The user said they uploaded another Karen goodbye episode but it was blocked by YouTube, hope to see it soon. 

I will say I enjoyed seeing young Bo and Delilah with an actual story but the business talk was blahhh, I enjoyed Edwina/Marco/Gary (I think that was Gary) but the show was loads different from those 1980 episodes to 1983. 

• Members

Margaret Klenck really rocked the short hair. Never seen her look so attractive. Judith Light softer and more sympathetic than I've ever seen her. Well-written scene with Larry which gave Karen a believable reason for leaving. I didn't get to see much of OLTL during this time, and regretted missing the playing out of the baby switch story.

So Margaret Klenck has become a Jungian analyst. Brynn Thayer has become a very fine actress, with some good scenes on Suits.

• Members

These 1980-81/83 eps are really exceptional so far. You can see how well they wove the classic canvas and the new one, despite a few meh recasts like Vinnie #3. The Marco/Edwina stuff is just fantastic, and the working class/outcast crew of Karen, Kat, Ina Hopkins and Ed just chilling with some beers unpacking it all is very naturalistic for most soaps of the period (or now). Were OLTL around now it would be fun to see Klenck make a brief appearance as Edwina, still a journalist barracuda. She probably wouldn't do it given her current career but who knows; she was happy to talk to Jeff Giles a few years ago. Maybe Edwina had Marco's kid on the sly.

It is very surreal to see Julie Montgomery's dewy Samantha in her early appearance in that '77 episode at Karen and Larry's wedding, a teen maybe flirting with Josh Hall, and then going to '80 and seeing her paired with old Asa.

Dorian and Karen crackled - I think I've seen Karen talk about her before, but I've never seen them interact (or her or Carla with Clint!). I had a feeling Judith Light would be the one to take it to Robin fully on her level and I was right; she was a match.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I have been watching this clip about Jim Craig's memorial in OLTL 1981....and I think there is a new Vinnie Wolek in town....it is the man who is with Wanda....Am I wrong? I didn't know that there was a new Vinnie just episodes before the character was killed.... Any idea? Thanks