Y&R: Actor Leaving

Guest dc cubs

I'm not sure Miller is going to get the support from fans in a salary dispute issue with Y&R. When you have two soaps canceled and the rest fighting serious budget issues, it's not the time for Miller who is still only had one contract with Y&R to be demanding more money. I'd love to see Y&R call his bluff and bring back David Tom.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

SOD's top list of people to replace him

Jay Kenneth Johnson (ex-Philip, DAYS)

Kyle Lowder (ex-Rick, B&B )

Jacob Young (JR, AMC)

Billy Magnussen (ex-Casey, ATWT)

Adam Mayfield (ex-Scott, AMC)

Eric Sheffer Stevens (ex-Reid, ATWT)

John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex, OLTL)

Tom Pelphrey (ex-Jonathan, GL)

Mark Lawson (Brody, OLTL)

Josh Duhon (ex-Logan, GH)

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/billy-club-9

• Members

Some of those choices are appauling. I just wonder why nobody remembers David Tom in this equation? He won an Emmy as adult Billy and was the only successful actor in the role before Billy Miller stepped in. How easy they forget...[

Out of the choices I've seen suggested, I'd be interested in seeing how Josh Kelley (who could get very annoying) or Mark Lawson do. Jacob Young would probably be a very strong choice as well.

• Members

Hmmm...

Right off the bat, I think Duhon's reputation at GH precedes him. No way will another soap hire him unless he's shown he has changed, or is willing to change.

Johnson, Lowder, Mayfield and Lavoisier are all very weak actors. Unless they want Amelia Heinle to look more vibrant next to nuBilly, hiring any of these guys would be a mistake.

Stevens is too old - and frankly, too damn good for a Bell soap.

Pelphrey's just wrong, and gross.

On the one hand, Young has grown considerably over the years as an actor, and I think he'd be up to the challenge of playing Jill's son. On the other hand, didn't he leave B&B under not-so-great terms?

That leaves us with Magnussen and Lawson. Between these two, I'd rather see Lawson nab the role, if only because I could see him fitting into the role more than Magnussen. But I definitely would like to see Magnussen land something on this show. Perhaps, he could be the new Noah?

• Members

I thought David Tom has been clean for a couple of years now. It is pretty sad that Miller's time has mad Tom's time as Billy obsolete.

Jay Kenneth Johnson had a dayplayer role on the show 10 years ago.

Mayfield, Stevens (I agree with Kahn about the age thing), and Pelphrey wouldn't fit in to the Abbott family.

Lavoisier would make a better JT recast than a Billy one.

Lawson, Duhon, and Magnussen would be the best fits.

Archived