Y&R: Actor Leaving

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

Michael Logan states in this week's print edition of TV Guide Magazine that Miller will exit this summer and buzz is he will be recast with Jacob Young.

• Members

It's a shame there's no one at Y&R like David Canary to help Young in scenes.

I'm going to ask Y&R to cast David Canary as John's fraternal long lost twin, out for revenge (that's the only story they seem to know).

• Members

Not me Cheap. I never liked the character of Rick Forrester or Jacob's green portrayal of him. I don't think he'll be used properly there.

Not that Y&R is much better, but if he's cast as Billy Abbott, well, that's a character the writers are clearly very much invested in.

• Members

They do every so often - I don't watch regularly so I might be wrong. Generally Billy is only with the people in the Lucy story, sometimes with the Abbotts. He and Jill rarely interact. Given how Billy Miller tanks so many scenes it's probably for the best.

• Members

Just another reason why Y&R sucks.

Moving Jill out of the Abbott storyline has been a huge mistake. Her dynamic as John's ex-wife, Billy's mother, stepmother to Jack (lover too), Ashley and Tracey, rival to Mamie and Dina, the wildcard at Jabot...Jill is such a cornerstone to the Abbott storyline. What a shame.

• Members

It is a shame, but then, the Abbott family is dead now anyway. They either flail over Victor or 30 year old Abby pretends she's 18 and stomps her feet over Ashley's relationship with the zombie Fluckers.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I can't blame him - he hasn't had a lot of success outside of Y&R (just a hammy performance on that FX show) and Y&R will cater to him in a way many other shows probably won't. I think unless he gets a big role somewhere else he will be willing to just shrug his way through the last few years of Y&R, like Morrow. I will give them credit for being smart enough to bleed the show dry.

Archived