Y&R: Actor Leaving

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-huge-yr-casting-shocker

EXCLUSIVE! Huge Y&R Casting Shocker!

By SOD • Posted: Apr 13, 2011 Share Soap Opera Digest has learned that super-popular star Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R) has chosen to leave the soap when his contract expires this summer. The actor joined the show in 2008 and previously played AMC's Richie. Check back here for more scoop!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Usually I am sad when an actor I really like leaves a show (I don't even care about the reason why ) but this is one time I am going to say...Billy Miller quite possible has made the best decision in his career to leave this "going down the toilet" ill-managed show no matter how many big soap stars they bring in. BRAVO & GOOD LUCK!!! :):) Why is there no clapping smilie on this board LOL!!

• Members

He had no connection with scene partners because he was too busy hamming it up, he failed with about five love interests, and he was at the center of some of the most pointless stories ever on Y&R. Even the show finally seemed to give up on him.

I will credit him for having the guts to leave instead of staying and demanding writing that caters to him (like Josh Morrow).

I think he will be one of those people who is hyped but then isn't a big name after soaps (the only comments I've heard on his Justified appearance were poor), but then again, boring/asexual/smug seem to be popular today, if most of the current movie "stars" are any indication.

And finally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djg0j_ye28A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5HXZRQFss

• Members

Ok, Carl...I am going to have pick on you. :lol: This right here is completely untrue, if anything Joshua doesn't get what he would like nor does he demand anything!!! He has his preferences sure, like they all do, but demanding anything, so not Joshua. Interesting how it's the ones that gets bashed continuously around here are the ones that shouldn't get bashed at all.

• Members

Wow I'm shocked after so much hype has been built around for the past three years. I'll admit I enjoyed Miller early on as a foil for Cane but it became increasingly clear he couldn't do much beyond being smug and arrogant, which are not stable characteristics in the long run. Hope Miller has a nice career, and maybe Heinle will leave soon as well?

I wonder if they'll recast? Probably not with David Tom though/

• Members

Considering that Phick are reuniting again, after Morrow has repeatedly called for this in the press, I would have to disagree, but I do respect your opinion and always enjoy your posts.

I doubt he will be. He was an MAB/Sheffer pet so they will probably just rest him.

They might as well just cast him with Hunt Block. I doubt there would be a lot of difference with the performance.

Archived