Y&R: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Well I guess MAB/Sheffer/Hamner are getting fun out of another fake death and "honoring" history while doing it. I guess this is leading into Sharon's new story and not be spoilerish about it I'm glad its happening.

Phick on the other hand doesn't need to be happening. Jack and that girl was just dumb.

Nikki and MTS' hair :wub:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Thursday and Friday's eppys were better writing for Diane. She finally showed some spine, snark and spark.

Now that Phyllis is back to her trampy ways, I think I could be happy with a Jack and Diane redux.

Oh, and I thought MTS looked fantastic.

• Members

So what demos and viewers are MAB and CO actually aimng for showing the over the hill 70 plus victor in sex scenes they are beyoud vomit inducing.

EB is to old to be doing sex scenes the scenes are awkward and uncomforable.:closedeyes: EB no longer has any romantic chemistry with either MTS or MW.

MTS does look good :wub: and it does look like the rumored nikki/jack hook up will happen .

There are no words to describe the yucky Phick scenes.

• Members

I really hope Jack is done with Phyllis this time around. He'd look like a damn fool to go back to her for doing the same thing she did last time they were together...I would love for Nikki and Jack to rekindle..And my god how great does MTS look these days?

Thank god the writers are finally giving Maura's Diane a little more spunk and backbone.

• Members

Having seen today's US episode, I think this is the first time I have liked/been invested in something Sharon has done in... well, forever. First of all, she looks really good with her hair a more natural chestnut. Secondly, she does a lot with very little dialogue. Thirdly, she actually has some balls and is driving her own destiny instead of waiting for the men in her life to do it for her. Heck, I even didn't mind the guy playing the vet who finds her in his barn -- the actor didn't overdo it with the local-yokel stuff.

All this made me realize just how badly they decimated the character of Sharon -- just to prop up a certain other character. Yes, I know it must seem like I have an anti-Phyllis agenda (and to a certain extent I do -- I just cannot stomach her. Especially when she does all that low-voiced, heavy-breathing, "sexy" femme fatale stuff with Nick). But sometimes it does not seem like coincidence that one character is propped to high heaven as Y&R's Ballsy Female Icon Everyone Must Love while the other is reduced to "Sharon the Slut." Witness MS's over-the-top anger whenever somebody like Michael Logan dares to jokingly bring up with her some of the [!@#$%^&*] Phyllis has pulled over the years. And, no, I am not some aggrieved Shick fan still fuming about "the affair." I was never interested in Shick as a pairing. They always were a little cookie-cutter to me.

Honestly, Sharon would be better off out of Genoa City, away from her self-righteous son, ex-husband and mother. I can't believe I am saying this but Sharon's mother's reaction to her death really bothers me. Her whole attitude is a little "Oh, well. She's better off dead. Perhaps that'll teach Adam a lesson" even though she actually didn't come right out and say that.

The fact that everybody wants to congregate at Grambo's house "to be with each other right now" and are running over themselves to hug the a$$hole indirectly responsible for Sharon's "death" is another mind-blowing piece of egregious character-propping. Honestly, Y&R might be somewhat more watchable if EB hadn't renewed his contract after all.

Archived