AMC - Hot Sexy Men of Pine Valley

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was meant in jest. Sorry if you were offended by it. That wasn't my intent. :)

Some of those things you listed aren't really how AMC works, though. There can't be another corporate take over of anything, because corporations aren't a huge part of AMC anymore. There's a thread about this very subject, where a lot of people who are still watching were laying out ideas. I wondered what specific things you might like that you would stop defining as boring. It's just curiosity. We found a lot of commonalities and things we agreed on in the thread so clearly, people can still thing find things they'd want to watch on the show.

• Members

No you can't. You can't get an order of Frankie doing anything. That "hot," sexy, talented man is treated like garbage on this show. After all these years, we've seen front burners stories go to Ryan, JR, Ryan, Scott, Ryan, Griffin, Ryan, Dead Zach and oh yeah Ryan. And don't get me started on the lousy way Natalia was treated or the pathetic mess they made of Madison just so we could get MORE Kendall, Greenlee, Kenlee, Rylee, etc... all talking about Zach's dead ass.

You want to know why I won't cry when AMC bites the dust? Frankie and Natalia.

Really? Must everything be about OLTL and its dead-eyed himbos?

• Members

AMC is rather clothed and sexless. If they've had 5 episodes with a shirtless guy in the last 6 months I'd be surprised including the recent nekkid Scott one.

Half naked hot guys is a third of OLTL's writing formula (another third being raunchy sex) and it gets them an extra hundred grand of 18-49 viewers over AMC. I don't know if DAYS still does it but the same held true for them. I don't blame AMC for trying it and promoting it.

• Members

Youtube has a 1989 Bachelor auction episode on . Of course it's mostly entertaining to see Phoebe stick up for it, etc... But this isn't exactly anything new for soaps (Hell Days has constant excuses daily for shirtless men that even I find embarassing). This doesn't have me as annoyed with ABC as something like Frons' Fusion's Sexiest Man contest (based on "real people" and not even the soap characters no less) did...

To be honest, a part of me has wondered if AMC should show more skin--compared to OLTL especially but GH, B&B and Y&R as well (I won't get into DAYS again), it has a shirtless guy like twice a month and a sex scene once a month. That doesn't really bug me, but maybe it should pander for viewers a bit more? I mean at this stage it couldn't hurt--as long as they don't go the Days or OLTL route of having characters shirtless constantly (then again didn't they use to do that to Ryan when he came on AMC, not to mention others? If anything it seems like they show flesh less than they used to on AMC)

Mr Pine Valley 1989!

• Members

I posted my thoughts before I read all the other posts--but yeah, that's exactly my point. And DAYS is still half shirtless (and like I said I think even the three other soaps are much more than AMC, from a casual viewing...)

HA the pop up ad that comes up for me when I see this thread shows a guy's nipple and stomach hairy and then waxed... LOL

Archived