Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The rule for doubling the final consonant in a two-syllable word before adding a suffix is if you need to preserve the "short" vowel and/or stress in the final syllable. Since most of us say CAN-suhld instead of can-CELLED, the correct spelling should be with one l.

However, the dictionary recognizes both spellings, and media uses them interchangeably I've noticed.

Yes, I teach phonics to prospective teachers. :lol:

• Members

Doesn't sound like the actors know anything, SOD posted this:

AMC's Lindsay Hartley on Those Rumors

Weekly recently spoke to AMC's Lindsay Hartley (Cara) about the soap opera happening outside her show: the cancellation rumors. "It's so sad, of course," she said. "First of all, we've been fighting this battle for a while now. Not just ALL MY CHILDREN, but soap operas in general. You don't ever want anything to go away that's been on for so long, that's made such a statement all over the world. I, for one, have never been happier. I love ALL MY CHILDREN. The cast is so talented, loving and family-oriented, and Julie [Hanan Carruthers, executive producer] tries so hard to make everyone feel important. It's wonderful to have your EP so open, so ready to help and be there. So I hope the rumors aren't true. It would be sad if all these people had to go out of work, the crew, the cast. All I can say is they're really encouraging us to let the fans know they should write in, turn on their channels and watch the show. Support the genre!"

• Members

I don't even know if I should open this can of worms but in the new SOD Walt Willey refutes all the talk that AMC has a budget problem. He says ABC has told them the show is right where they expect it to be budget-wise, although of course they would like it to be produced even more cheaply. He goes on to say that AMC's critical problem is its demos and that it has to compete with Y&R/B&R and DOOL, while OLTL and GH have no soap competition.

• Members

AMC competes with Y&R and DAYS.

No one told them the show was "safe." All they've been told, and all we've been told, is that no one important at ABC has said anything about cancellation at this time. But you have nonsensical, useless, boring, 'tention-ho soap bloggers and "journalists" who came when this "news" hit on the 21st and are now trying to milk every. last. drop. out of the cow, and so it's perfectly understandable why any of the actors on the show would shrug off any questions regarding the rumors. I believe Susan Lucci has every right to shank the next person who asks her, even if it's me.

Archived