Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL and I find it hilarious that suddenly people are all "Oh AMC is suddenly safe cause this was said or this was said". People in charge can say what the frack they want, I doubt SL or anyone else is going to disprove them.

Nothing has changed, and what do you expect people to think? These people(Not SL, but TIIC) are known liars, yet they're suddenly given the benefit of the doubt cause it's something people want to hear? Basically I see them as saying what people want to hear, to save face. LOL, now that's hilarious

• Members

What I find hilarious is how people are so willing to call these actors gullible, naive and just plain liars...rather than believing that maybe they're not being lied too. I haven't even said I think AMC is safe, or safe for any considerable amount of time. Just that maybe all of this was just rumors that got blown way out of proportion and we were all so convinced that all of these unnamed sources at a million difference sites...were right, rather than the fact that everyone ran with the same flipping rumor.

No one even batted an eye at how TV Squad and one other site gave a time and date that their sources said that announcement would come and it didn't. So what was that? Their sources were wrong and everyone else's are right?

Do I think AMC is safe past the next few months/summer? I don't know. Do I think that all of these actors are being lied too? No, I don't. Does that make me naive? Maybe. We'll see.

• Members

The fact is that none of us knows how far over or under budget the show is, or how the numbers crunchers at ABC interpret the demos. Worst case scenario is that no decisions are being made until after May sweeps, but even then who knows if ABC is even considering that a milestone. Frons et al could very well be laughing at all this online speculation, knowing that none of it is true, and hoping all this PR translates into increased numbers. In this day and age, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

• Members

As long as we're discussing what we all find hilarious, I find it funny that people are still trying to convince others of what to think.

Personally, the only thing that will convince me that AMC is safe is for us to reach the end of April without a cancellation announcement. That's it. I don't care how many meetings they have or how many tweets the actors send, the only thing that will prove to me that AMC will survive is for AMC to survive.

And honestly, am I the only person in this thread who has ever seen people lose their jobs in really heinous ways? Am I the only one who's ever seen people lied to and about all so some corporate weasel could cash their paycheck for another week or two?

• Members

Make it the end of May, and I can agree with you. ABC can still cancel at the end of May and have a talk show on by early October....if they don't cancel by the end of May, it's likely that all three of their soaps will survive until sometime in 2012.

ETA: And to your second point....yeah, it happens all the time...and as "fake" as Susan Lucci always comes across to me on talk shows, I saw a wistfulness I've not seen from her when she spoke of AMC's possible cancellation in that clip of her on GMA. She didn't seem to me like she quite believed what she was saying herself. Not that she was lying...only that she wasn't very secure in her defense of the show's chances.

• Members

Well, ABC lied to everyone about moving AMC to L.A. until the day they announced it to the cast.

And let's get real here.....even if they're not lying about AMC being canceled "right now," they didn't give a timeframe for which we should consider the show safe. They did the opposite. Essentially, AMC could be canceled a month or two from now (end of April to end of May), and the network still wouldn't have lied about the show's fate.

• Members

I agree I think they were told they have until after May sweeps to improve or they are gone, that's why the actors are having these petitions and such. I still say no show will be canceled until Soapnet goes off the air, I don't think they want to try to fill hours a week on Soapnet and they can always debut a new show in Jan

Archived