Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

I love the idea of 30 minute soaps but not if it's going to be full of Rylee or the harems of Todd/John/Ford.

I'd rather just see repeats of Loving and Ryan's Hope.

I thought 30 minute shows weren't much cheaper than hour shows anyway.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, cast and crew get paid by the day, not by the hour. If anything, I could see the cost saving coming from OLTL banging out twice as many 1/2 hour episodes and being crazy ahead of schedule. Less days of work to pay crew and talent and perhaps longer vacations.

• Members

I disagree, I believe we learned a lot. If we believe the TV Guide Michael Logan account: "AMC exec producer Julie Carruthers held a meeting on the set to tell her stars she'd been told nothing by the powers that be about a possible cancellation", this account seems a bit different that other reports after Carruthers meeting which those kind of made it appear like Carruthers told the cast something to effect of "AMC isn't being canceled". A HUGE difference and Logan's account seems more logical, Carruthers simply said the network has not told her about a possible cancelation, so for those who have said she was lying, I disagree if in fact she told it the way Logan reported it, I believe her completly and ABC has not told her anything, but that doesn't mean the show isn't being canceled as some want to believe. I agree the concept of a soap in danger isn't new, although AMC and NOT OLTL is the subject of all of this, and like Michael Logan said, last year ABC denied OLTL's cancelation rumors very forcefully, why haven't they forcefully denied AMC's cancelation rumors? I believe this is a fair question? It seems some people on here want to forget about that blatant difference in the situation from last year.

• Members

Sheezus! I love how this is seriously becoming one of the greatest American conspiracies rivaling the JFK assassination and 9/11 bombings. The notion that ABC is putting all of this effort into covert operations and coverups in regard to the fate of its lowest rated program on the network. Lies, both blatant and of omission, being used to fool the American people into believing the show isn't being canceled when, in fact, it is. Viewers wringing their hands, pacing the floors in anguish, waiting for the woeful boom to be lowered. The optimists being admonished for their childish naivete for believing the best in the dastardly corporation... while the pessimists are repudiated for their cynicism.

In the meantime, everybody at ABC/Disney is planning their summer vacations.

• Administrator

Alright, it's April Fools Day.......let's not have any posts about AMC being canceled today. I'm sure there were a couple of people who were thinking about pulling that prank. LOL Unless of course it's reported by a legitimate source.

• Members

Actually, that could work in the show's favor. That's the kind of thing that will freak out the offliners who see it in the grocery store. Most of the viewers don't pour over this mess the way we do so they just assume these shows will be on forever regardless of the evidence to the contrary. This might get a reaction from a wider circle of fans.

Just a thought.

Archived