Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

I'm not referring to "a cube job in corporate America." You're telling yourself that so you can pretend that this situation is somehow different, bigger or more important. You're talking about a soap opera that employs 100-200 people. Nothing more. The actors' "lies" won't damage anything because when all this is over the actors will be unemployed and the average soap fan means nothing to ABC.

Let me put it this way: Disney's lamest, worst princess movie will still make exponentially more for the company than all the soaps put together. If the soaps were profitable, you'd still have SoapNet. In the Disney-sphere soaps ARE the cube job.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See for me it isn't about Susan or Bobbie or Walt or Carruthers. It's about the reality of business. I haven't seen the clip but let's say that Lucci was being "wistful," that might've been because she just wanted to talk about her book or her fatigue with commuting or the fact that her daughter just had a baby, etc... There's a million reasons Susan may have come across the way she did. I'm not prepared to call her a liar BUT I don't trust ABC Daytime and I never will. They've proven to me that they can't be trusted so no matter what anybody says I'm going to think the worst of them. Not the actors but the information that the actors are given. Like I said, the only way to convince me AMC is safe is for AMC make it through April i.e. the first month of Q2 without a cancellation announcement. Anything else IMO is spin.

Guest dc cubs

This is from the print edition of TV Guide magazine that I got in the mail today. Michael Logan is the author of the article.

• Members

That article says absolutely nothing. We all know that cancellation could be eminent for AMC (or OLTL), and we all knew that before Deadline ever got hip to the story. The notion that either soap, especially AMC, might not make it through the end of the year is nothing new, either. Nothing in this whole ruckus is new. This time last week, people were waiting on pins and needles by the minute for a cancellation announcement, and here we are, no further now than we were then.

The original pre-Deadline rumblings of cancellation are alive and well, but trail for all of this that's popped up in the last week is as cold as ice water.

• Members

She may be out of the job, but she doesn't have to be scared of anything. :lol: She has fame, fortune, and family, all of which she'd have the time to enjoy more. She'll shed some sentimental tears, but I truly believe that she'll be at peace come cancellation time.

• Members

curious to see why her contract doesn't mean anything, but last year when it was OLTL on the rumor block and AMC announced they renewed the contract of Frank and Ron it was this great assurance the show was going to be around.

Archived