Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I went to abc.com to watch GH and is said next episode is Tuesday? Said the same thing on the AMC site too. Dunno. And it's not typo's is says, Tuesday March 29th. I didn't check OLTL, but both AMC and GH had no Monday.

• Members

Rebuilding the Cortlandts wouldn't be hard.

Peter Simon as Ross, Cynthia Preston as Julie, Daniel Kennedy as Petey & Christian Campbell as Bobby on contract with Taylor Miller & Gillian Spencer recurring.

That's in addition to a back from the dead Dixie, Opal & SORASED Sam Grey.

• Members

With all due respect, it truly amazes me how gullible so many people were to believe that AMC would be cancelled before OLTL (just because some internet publication published a rumor); there's no way in hell this will ever happen. Yes, I realize that the fair thing to do would be to axe AMC first, given that OLTL has less budget problems and is probably more profitable than AMC. However, life is very unfair, and AMC will outlast OLTL for two reasons: the name/brand recognition factor, and the fact that ABC executives decided to move AMC--but not OLTL--to Los Angeles. (The Los Angeles move virtually guarantees that AMC will remain on the air for quite some time; to cancel AMC so quickly after the move would be the equivalent of flushing tons of money down the toilet and would make the ABC executives look like idiots.)

Honestly, how can anyone take internet rumors seriously when just last year it was rumored that DOOL would be cancelled, but instead received a three year extension (with an option for a fourth year)? I didn't say anything at the time (because I didn't want to dampen the celebratory mood that DOOL fans felt upon hearing that news), but I was absolutely livid upon hearing that news. Talk about being grossly unfair: DOOL gets a three/four year extension for garnering ratings that were only slightly higher than what ATWT had. Now, I certainly could have understood a one year renewal, but a multi-year renewal was just "bleeping" ridiculous. (Even Ken Corday said that a one-year renewal was the best he expected in his wildest dreams.) I'd like to see a rabid DOOL fan try to justify the three/four renewal that soap got last year, because I don't believe such a justification is possible.

Archived