Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

Not sure about ABC, but I believe both CBS and NBC have already taken action to fill their or rebuild their daytime lineups and I am not talking about The Talk. I dont think its any coincidence that Barbara Bloom was fired right after the new deals with Y&R and B&B were secured. I don't know who has replaced her or even if its been announced, but I'll bet whoever it is or will be wont be someone who has a background or history in soap operas.

As for NBC and Days being secure for years, after securing Days until 2013, they hired on the originator of The Real Housewives Franchine on Bravo to develop daytime programming for them. NBC may be a mess but I don't see them sitting around and waiting. The network has a ton of work to do but it appears that they are taking some positive steps in their daytime division. Whether they have any success with new daytime development who knows but all I can say is if this is the person they hired, at least they aren't looking at the same old tired talkshow or gameshow replacements.

ABC has done nothing in terms of development outside of looking at talk show options from what we know. As much as people loathe Brian Frons, the day he is gone is the day you will know ABC is ready to totally move away from soaps.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think what many want is not story, but STORY!. Meaning, "OM(F)G, this [!@#$%^&*] is so good, it's actually giving me orgasms just thinking about it!". (Speaking of...? My roommate's girlfriend is having one next door as I type this. But I digress.)

• Members

Hey Carolyn, as a matter of fact I had Tina in mind when I wrote that but I specifically didn't mention her because I didn't think she got the mainstream press that Erica and Luke&Laura did, but I could be wrong.

• Members

Besides, who could return to AMC w/o it looking completely ridiculous? Genie Francis suggests she would return in the latest SOD, and I'm like, "First of all, Ceara's dead. Second, even if we did go there, everyone connected to your character is long gone, too."

• Members

Leo's body was never found, but I only want him back with JD in the role. Vanessa's either. But if they brought her back, she couldn't be the crazy b*tch she was before she left. She worked best when she was spoiled, selfish, self centered, and did actually care about her sons, in her own twisted/sick way. LOL

We could bring back Trey, but that's really only storyline for David/Kendall.

I know Zach will be back at one point or another...so, I'm not suggesting him, nor Dixie. IMO, and I know I'll be ducking tomatoes on this one: Cady is over rated and only a mediocre actress. Plus. Dixie has been back from the dead and died again. it's time for her to rest in peace.

I'd suggest Babe...but, I just can't bare the thought of that contaminating our screens again.

Hmmm,who else?

Archived