Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

I still contend that has more to do with DC being part of zap2it and Deadline thinking they were an actual news source the DC being right about anything. Zap2it brings credibility to DC that they don't actually deserve.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just as I never really follow(ed) the analogy that compares OLTL to Charlie Brown after Lucy Van Pelt yanks the football out from under him. If the network truly regarded OLTL as a "red-headed stepchild," then they wouldn't [!@#$%^&*] over it as much as they have over the years. If anything, they'd ignore it, like NBC did with "St. Elsewhere" in the '80's; and very few would be complaining today about how awful the show is on a regular basis.

• Members

Is there a reason for that? I don't know anything about the Cali stuff. I was in the states when it started, and overseas by the time it was happening, so I didn't get to follow along to closely. I Chicago cheaper than LA?

• Members

I, for one, wish AMC had stayed the hell in NYC and sent JHC packing instead. Because, if saving money was really the answer here, then why not move production to, say, Vancouver? But, you know, that's just me.

• Members

Next thing you know, someone's gonna compare AMC to the guest on "Maury" who gets in the dude's face when the DNA test proves he is the baby's father; and OLTL to the bitch who runs offstage and through the halls crying when the test proves he isn't.

• Members

I haven't done that. But then I also haven't compared it to some sort of fierce streetwalking hooker with a heart of gold, or Pat Benatar, or whatever this is about AMC.

The prevailing wisdom about OLTL's supposedly outcast position, whether that's valid or invalid, did not originate here nor do I believe it did so on the Internet. It's been around for decades. If you want to blame someone, blame old-school soap press. And frankly not only do I not talk about it much anymore, but I also don't see much talk from anyone about its supposed "poor me" position anymore. All I see is a bunch of meta-on-meta grudgefucking about how other people keep talking about "poor OLTL." I'm not seeing all the actual whining. At least, not recently. And I'm not sure how this petty [!@#$%^&*] is relevant other than to continue to turn the board into a parody of a perpetual cheerleading squad tryout.

The bottom line is that it really does not matter which show any of us feels is worse off or more worthy, and it certainly doesn't matter how many people on this little board are for or against which opinion. That [!@#$%^&*] matters for absolutely nothing in this actual equation. We're only talking about it because some people can't separate the network politics from the pretend politics of a message board, when in fact this board has no real politics, and pretending it does assigns all this talk a dignity it has never earned.

• Members

I don't know if Chicago is cheaper. I just hate the effect the LA move had on the show. IMO, moving to Chicago - or even Vancouver if they wanted to go that far west - would've been better for the show aesthetically and easier on the actors who chose to commute. Admittedly, it's a bias of mine but I haven't seen any good come from the move to LA.

Archived