Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually think Days will be safe for a very long time. On another site, can't remember which one, they showed the top 10 shows for online streaming and both Days and Y&R had a ton of viewers beating out many primetime hit shows.

The networks have had trouble making money off online viewing but this should change soon. As we move into the era of 'Google TV', soaps will have a far better chance to compete. I was suprised to see no ABC soap on the top ten list. We are coming into an era where time slot will mean less and less when soaps can be viewed on demand with longer term advert contracts.

NBC will never find a cheaper option than Days (100,000 per episode) with a higher return in terms of both TV and web ad sales. No game show will be a better investment due to Days good demos.

• Members

international ratings have no bearing on any of this. Sunset Beach did well overseas and it still got canned. Same was true for other soaps. CBS cares what B&B can do for it. High ratings on other networks in other countries mean nothing to them.

• Members

Jamey_Giddens Jamey_Giddens

@

@rickygoldin Hi Ricky, what I am contesting is the notion that it's "malicious" or a "sin" to report on ABC considering cancelling a soap.

Jamey_Giddens Jamey_Giddens

@

@rickygoldin As 4 interviewing u, we'd love 2. We're big fans of urs, but as 4 the state of ABC Daytime, we'd rather here from Brian Frons.

• Members

WW just joined the PR team too.

wwilley Walt Willey

Here's a link for those of you wishing to voice your support: http://www.thepinevalleyexposer.com/2011/03/dont-wait-help-save-amc-now.html

wwilley Walt Willey

Other numbers: ABC/LA is 818-569-7500, ABC/NY is: 312-456-7777. Say want to "voice your concern that All My Children may be cancelled."

Archived