Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And THIS is what I mean about owning biases. I want all of the soaps to live long and prosper, I do. I really, really, really, really, really do. But if one has to go out of AMC and OLTL? I'd be kind enough to help Erika and Robin pack up their dressing rooms while also giving Mark Lawson a nice hug, but other than that? "Get yo' hat, yo' coat, and walk on out the do'..."

There's a difference between OLTL and AMC. OLTL has been the whiny redheaded stepchild for YEARS and has only whined and whined and whined about it, in the corner, where nobody can see it, where nobody can care. Rumors of its cancellation come up and it never leaves the soap industry. Say "AMC canceled?," even with the question mark, and it's all over Yahoo, Comcast, Entertainment Weekly, AOL, etc. AMC's one of those bad bitches that manages to break the windows out the back of the police car after being cuffed and arrested. OLTL just sits and cries.

• Members

Maybe thats because the OLTL rumors were false and those sources you listed knew that so thats why the OLTL cancelation rumors never went mainstream. If I recall, the previous AMC cancelation rumors in recent years never went mainstream either so how do you explain that? lol maybe there is some truth to it this time, and thats why it went mainstream

• Members

Honestly, it all comes down to Susan Lucci. Every offshoot of that article started off with "the home of Susan Lucci and Erica Kane." She's the reason the mainstream media went with it. If not for her, these news outlets couldn't give a hoot about any soap being cancelled. I believe there was some mainstream buzz a couple of years ago when she, MEK and Ray MacDonnell were forced to take massive cuts. Lucci makes news, not AMC.

• Members

I love the fact that there's this AMC canceled thing is turning into soaps answer to Charlie Sheen and I love the fact that the actors and fans are coming out swinging. It may be for naught but at least people are stepping up BEFORE "official" cancellation instead of after.

Speaking of country/ghetto...

• Webmaster

Just coming in from an event at the Marriott attended by many OLTL actors. Spoke with Linda Dano about soap cancellations (she comments on AMC).

What's this drama going on now?

Just coming in from an event at the Marriott attended by many OLTL actors. Spoke with Linda Dano about soap cancellations (she comments on AMC).

What's this drama going on now?

Archived