Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(Hey, Eric!!) ... About the whole Ceara thing, my recollection is pretty much the same as Khan's: Ceara, played by a Genie Francis body-double, was shot and killed on-screen by cross-fire while exiting a train and about to meet husband Jeremy at the Corinth train station (no planes there!). I forget exactly why there was a shoot-out there, but I do remember that she died in Jeremy's arms. Shortly after that, on AMC, Trevor arrived at Myrtle's to give her the sad news that her niece had been killed in Corinth.... But it was on a different show, so....

Now there I think you're confusing her with Lisa Bonet and Mickey Rourke!

• Members

Me too. And I don't know. I get to work a few days during the week (hopefully the start of a something longer) but I mean, I'll be absolutely useless to anyone if I find out at work that AMC got the ax. LOL Ah.

• Members

I heard that Bill Clyde Tuggle is returning and he will be revealed to be Erica's real father. Since Erica is only 40, it will definitely make sense. And word on the street is that a certain writer is leaving Days and will be announced as AMC's new headwriter next week.

Here is a hint:

D-NA H-GLEY !!!!

Things are looking up at AMC!

• Members

Hey :D You came back!

And HA!

I beliueve GF was already back or on her way back to GH. Of course her and Jeremy had been on Loving for a Month the prior Nov (1991) where they reconciled their marriage.

I was just gonan say, Billy Cylde would have returned every 2 years if this show was OLTL in its current state ;) Bianca could be shown to be his child from rape, and he could try to rape HER in turn the shock making Bianca regress to a state when she was *straight* just as Marissa decided she was gay. Ratings GOLD. :P

• Members

I remember that scene where Trevor tells Myrtle like it was yesterday. Awful Melody Anderson was also in the scene. For some reason, the thing that stands out most about that scene was that godawful wallpaper in Myrtle's den, a set that they had recently added to her boarding house. It was so ugly, it defied words.

On the subject of rebuilding the show, I wouldn't build up the Cortlandts. Without Palmer, they just seem unnecessary. First I would dump dead-end characters like Caleb and Asher and Krystal. What I would do is beef up the Martins. MEK and Ray MacDonnell's longevity, despite Frons gunning for vets right and left since he took over, as well as their determination all these years to make Jake a viable character, tells me that the audience likes them. Well, then expand on them. Tara would make an ideal matriarchal figure, and could give Erica a true Brooke-ish rival. Maybe have her develop something with Jack. Can you imagine all the possible history references these two would dig up. Tara's return could lead to the return of Kelsey, who in her mid-30s now, would be a great demographically desirable character. I mean, there's just so much they could do if they dug into their history. Use of history shows that a writer respects the show, and I think viewers respond to that.

• Members

While I like this I wonder, how many people watching still know the histories of these familes and the characters that come with them? And would they want to see Tara as opposed to a newbie. For me, I know of Tara but not about her and never saw her, sooooo even with the last name Martin, she'd still be a strange to me. Does that make sense?

• Members

Genie Francis as Tara :) Agewise, it would work on some weird cosmic Pine Valley plane in which Erica, who's supposed to be the same age as Tara, is still mid-40s and Genie could be her contemporary. Seriously though, I was thinking of an attractive 50-ish woman like Barbara Niven, who was on OLTL. She's mature yet sexy and a good actress. And for many of us who grew up with Nancy Frangione as Tara, she doesn't look that much unlike her. Bringing Tara back would really bring the show full circle. It would be AMC heaven to watch Erica and Tara go at it. When was the last time Tara was mentioned? Must've been a couple of years ago. I vaguely remember David plotting to take over the hospital when Joe, during the time Joe had to leave town to see Tara who was having some sort of surgery.

• Members

Given AMC's demos, I'd say a majority of people have been watching for a very very long time LOL. I'd wish they throw long-time fans like me a bone once in a while. I've been watching AMC since 1976, and it would be nice to see some long-term history recognized once in a while. McTavish, for as warped as she is, did try to do that with the unabortion story. In that case, use of history was better left avoided, of course. There are intelligent ways of dredging up history. Except for Jesse and Angie, none of the subsequent writers have even acknowledged the long-term history. Ah, maybe I'm just living in the past. I still miss the Tylers :)

Archived